PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR favorite clothing store/website?

arivecchi
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I used to buy at expensive dept stores before the kiddos (Saks, Neiman & BG), but no more. :D Now, I love Anthropologie, outdoor gear from Land's End and Patagonia and love, love, love the Polo website and their outlets. Which stores do you love?

SnuggleBuggles
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Nordstrom, Ann Taylor (usually Loft mostly b/c it is more convenient for me to get to), Gap and H&M. I'm not into labels- I just want clothes that look good on me and I want to shop at stores that are easy to find things in.

Beth

Sillygirl
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Eddie Bauer for their long-sleeve T's. Coldwater Creek and Talbots for most things. Macy's is a long drive for me, but I get basic work clothes there about once a year.

Melaine
08-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm not at all brand-loyal, so I do most of my clothing shopping at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross, with some Target and Old Navy thrown in there.

MMMommy
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
My fav's are Gap and Banana Republic.

mecawa
08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
i like Nordstroms, Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Banana Republic, and The Limited.

jgenie
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I love Talbot's outlet stores - I don't get there often, but when I do, I generally get quite a bit of clothes. I also shop quite a bit at Lands End - especially lately with all the free shipping codes.

egoldber
08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
For work clothes, AT, ATL and Lord&Taylor.

For regular clothes, Target, LLBean, Lucy and REI.

LexyLou
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I consider myself pretty well dressed. People compliment me a lot on my outfits but I spend so little on my clothing.

The majority of my clothes are from Old Navy and Gap. Periodically if Banana has a good sale, I pick up some stuff there. I too hit up Marshall's an TJ Maxx a lot and just got some beautiful Maxi dresses for $15 and $19 each.

Oh, I also love Overstock.com. Just bought a pair of Paige jeans, normally $180, for $30. They only had one size left and it was my size, so I got lucky.

It's all about bargain shopping.

AnnieW625
08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I shop pretty much anywhere I can find a good deal on good quality clothes but tend to favor in no particular order:
Ann Taylor Loft (however the quality has gone way down hill in the last year or two)
JC Penney (for dresses)
Macys
Target
Nordstroms
Banana Republic
The Limited
The Gap (for tees, and their maternity stuff is nice too)
Martin & Osa (nice stuff and often nice sales)

Fairy
08-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Nordstroms, Gap.com, Torrid.

ourbabygirl
08-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I love happening upon a good deal and fun piece but don't want to (or have time now with DD) search to find one. I tend to shop at

*Macy's (tons of selection, styles, and price ranges)
*Ann Taylor- their stuff is totally my style but more out of my price range & almost everything needs to be dry cleaned, which I don't wanna do
*Ann Taylor Loft (prices are better but not quite as classy/ classic IMO)
*TJMaxx/ Marshalls
occasionally Gap & Banana Republic (if there's a good deal), Old Navy (cheap & cute), & Target (super easy to get to)
I also like the look of things at the Limited, but it doesn't quite fit my lifestyle now.
I'm very much a touchy-feel-y person, so I need to be able to touch and try on the clothes in store- online shopping doesn't work for me :).
For shoes, Macy's, DSW, and Nordstrom.

citymama
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
In-store:
Gap
Old Navy
H&M
Benetton
I have a few things from Ann Taylor and ATL but haven't shopped there in years.
The only thing I buy at dep't stores is flannel PJs at Macy's and sometimes shoes at Nordie's or Nordstrom Rack.

Online:
I buy some things on eBay or online like Splendid tees and Levi jeans, both of which are staples that I love! Also sierratradingpost.com or patagonia.com for outdoors gear and hiking boots. Zappos.com for my NB sneakers. I like the look of Athleta, but haven't shopped there yet.

stefani
09-07-2009, 11:53 PM
My favorite is Talbots, but I like Style&Co pants, I think that is in Macy's.

I am petite, smaller on top, with a belly, so not easy to find clothes for me.

TwinFoxes
09-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Brick and Mortar - Nordstrom, hands down. Macy's has good sales, but their service is so lackluster, you might as well be at Sears, except for the prices! I like Lucy too. And of course I love Target!

Online, I've recently become a fan of Lands End.

I used to really love Banana Republic, the majority of my clothes were from there. But what happened? It seems they have lost all imagination when it comes to their clothes. They seem more blah, and they've been that way for the past couple of years, since right before I got pregnant. I still have a 2 year old gift card for them. I used part of it on jewelry, but nothing is really getting me excited. How many sweaters with a twist at the V can one person have???