PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Candlelight Processional - Do you need to do the dinner package?

rwagdivh
08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
We are planning a trip to Disney World the week of 12/6. We're really looking forward to enjoying the holiday celebrations -- especially those in Epcot since we vitually missed this park on our trip last year. One of the holiday celebrations is the Candlelight Processional/Narration. In addition to being available with your regular admission ticket you can see this with reserved seating IF you purchase the dinner package. One of the travel websites I found (more of a travel agent type site) said that to get seated in the theatre you almost always have to do the dinner package. Now, we don't usually eat in the parks. We stay at Shades of Green since my Dad is retired Air Force and the meals are so cheap that we eat there instead (works perfect when you take afternoon breaks for the kids and grandparents).

Anyone been to this in previous years? Were you able to get in just by standing in line and how long did you have to wait (also, did you go early in December or closer to the actual Christmas holiday? Would you recommend this show for a 4 and 6 1/2 year old?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm just trying to iron out our schedule before I start scheduling ADR's Sept. 5. Thanks!