PDA

View Full Version : Vaccine side effects?

mom2mack&max
08-20-2009, 11:54 PM
My ds had his 1 yr check up with immunizations. He had the same ones he had before (sorry I'd have to go back and check what these were) and his first MMR vaccine. Ever since his appointment on Mon. he has been wild! Hyper and a little aggressive - he is also getting his 1 yr molars. I went online to see what the side effects of the MMR were and there was nothing about "excitability". Anyone have any experience or thoughts about this?

LMPC
08-21-2009, 08:44 PM
FWIW, my DD seems a little crazy when she is teething. Perhaps it's just the teeth coming in that's putting your DC on edge. Molars can't be fun. GL!

brandonsmom
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I would go back and ask for a referral to get an MRI done. You could tell them you think he has encephalopathy. Pay close attention to whether he is standing on his head, banging his head, or his ears are red. Make sure he gets some cod liver oil. I would not get any more vaccinations for him if I were you, what you describe sounds a lot like what people describe when their kids descend into autism. People are quick to blame it on other things - molars coming in, etc., but what you are describing is not a kid reacting to molars, use your mommy instinct.