PDA

View Full Version : Penny Purses?

Sweetum
08-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Has anyone tried pennypurses.com? Is it reliable? How was the experience? Would love to know more...

TIA,
SunshineAndMe

pennypurses
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Sunshine,

I am the owner of pennypurses.com and I can tell you that we sell real purses, not fake stuff.

It is important that you read and understand how our site works. Members pay for bids, and place bids in hope of winning purses. Buying a bid does not guarantee an item will be won, but since we are fairly new the odds are pretty good. We give 5 free bids to all new members, and 15 free bids for each person you refer who purchases bids, so no purchase is required to participate.

The auction ends when the clock runs out, but each time someone bids it adds 10 seconds to the clock.

I hope this helps!

michael
09-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Don't bother with that site. Scam artists - major.

pennypurses
09-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Why do you say that? I am happy to answer questions about our site.

lisa928
09-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Where can I find the prices of the bid packages?

Melaine
09-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Here is some discussion about it: http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2324#post2324

I have no experience but I would not get involved personally. Based on what I read, I don't necessarily think it is a scam, but it sounds like paying for every bid could really really add up and you might still not be able to win logistically. Definitely some talk on those threads about technical difficulties swaying the results.

miki
09-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Here is a NYT article about another auction site with similar features (paying for bids, auction time extending after a bid) which mentions the downside for bidders: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/17/technology/internet/17shop.html

tbeskildsen
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Personnaly, I love the site. I haven't won a purse yet, but that is not really the point. It is entertainment - pure and simple. I love the anticipation and excitment of almost winning - I've come pretty darn close a few times.

This site - as compared to other bidding site - seems totally legit and the owner seems intent on good customer service. Yes, there were problems, but she fixed them immediately.

JMO...

pennypurses
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Where can I find the prices of the bid packages?

Login and click My account -> purchase bids and you can see the available packages.

10 for $8 is the smallest package.

pennypurses
09-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Here is some discussion about it: http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2324#post2324

I have no experience but I would not get involved personally. Based on what I read, I don't necessarily think it is a scam, but it sounds like paying for every bid could really really add up and you might still not be able to win logistically. Definitely some talk on those threads about technical difficulties swaying the results.

This is new technology and its always getting better. Part of being honest is letting our users know whats going on, good or bad.