PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Kids Crib Bedding?

casey4128
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm looking for crib bedding for our baby boy due in Dec. I've looked on just about every site out there and don't really see any sets that I like. I found a set at PBK that I really like but after reading the review of PBK in the Baby Bargains book I'm now having 2nd thoughts. Just wondering if anyone out there has PBK crib bedding and can comment on the quality. thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
i would love to know the answer to this too, I am a very similar situation. i am looking to buy this one set of PBK bedding because i love the colors and designs of the quilt, bumpers etc. the PBK bedding is quite pricey but i really like the style and originality of their designs (i too did not see any bedding I really liked at Target, BRU, etc)

after reading Baby Bargains, i got the impression that the reason PBK bedding got a relatively low rating is because 1) it is overpriced (which it is) and 2) the crib sheets don't have elastic that goes all the way around, just at the ends. I'm not sure if the quality itself of the material is an issue..hopefully someone else who has used PBK bedding can chime in!

SnuggleBuggles
08-22-2009, 11:54 PM
I skipped the bedding sets b/c I was afraid of bumper safety (I opted for mesh bumpers) and b/c I didn't find a quilt useful. But, I did buy a lot of sheets a la carte from PBK. Some have elastic all around and some don't- they all fit and work just fine. Some of the sheets were bought in 2002 and some in 2007 and all are soft, nice fabrics that have held up well in the wash. Give some thought to how practical a bedding set is before buying, that would be my biggest advice.

Beth

daniele_ut
08-23-2009, 12:16 AM
I had a PBK bumper for DS that I used on and off for over 2 years and it held up really well. We didn't use it when he was tiny, but as he got older and lost pacifiers out the sides it became valuable! We had to take it off when we put on the crib tent, but I sold it for about half what I paid. It still looked brand new

I have one for DD as well, but I took it off several months ago because her floors creak and I need to be able to check on her from the doorway, which I can't do with the bumper on. If I walk into the room, I end up waking her up!

Neatfreak
08-23-2009, 01:28 AM
We have three fitted crib sheets from PBK and their quailty is great, actually. I didn't know that they received a poor rating in BB. We have one flannel sheet, one woven cotton, and one in the lovely chamois (which has held up wonderfully through two kids). The elastic does not bother me - the sheets still fit fine. Pricey, but the do get clearanced out ...

DD1 now has a full sheet set from PBK for her double bed, and I would not hesitate to buy a second set if I catch a good sale ...

casey4128
08-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes, the set I'm looking at is actually on sale now and it's less than or equal most of the BRU sets I would have even considered but not been crazy about.

AJP
08-23-2009, 10:20 AM
We have 2 sets of bedding from PBK for our girls, including window treatments a decorative pillow cover for the rocker and an area rug, and we've been very happy with them. I bought one set a year before even getting pg (it was on clearance) and purchased the 2nd bumper and dust ruffle from ebay when we learned we were having twins.
I was happy to be able to buy the items a la carte since I didn't need everything they offered times 2 for the twins. I got one 3 pack of sheets from PBK and a few others from BRUs in coordinating colors.
Yes, their items are pricier than some others, but if you catch it on sale you will do great! We removed the bumpers at about 4 months, and the quilt is pretty useless unless you use it for decor. Keep those things in mind as you buy.
Have fun!

catcombs
08-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I know the BBB knocks PBK sheets for not having elastic all the way around but I have never had an issue with their sheets coming undone. I like the quality and the chamois sheets are worth the money for the winter months. I bought some Carter knock offs for DS1 and twice the elastic has snapped (their elastic goes all the way around but then if it breaks the sheet is worthless). I wish I had just paid the $ for the PBK Chamois sheets instead like I did with DD- her are still like new after 3 years.

Clarity
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I've never had a problem with our PBK crib sheets, despite them not having elastic all the way around. If I had to do it over again, I would have never spent the money on a PBK bedding set. It got very little use. Once my dd1 started sleeping in the crib I removed the bumpers because of their safety concerns and I never used the quilt at all! We used sleepsacks and added a thin blanket after she was about 16months. The quilt was just too heavy.

wendibird22
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I too never had a problem with the sheets. We've used a flannel one (all around elastic) and gingham one (elastic just at ends) for 2yrs and both have held up well.

I 2nd trying ebay and also buying just pieces instead of the whole set. We used the sheets and the valences for the entire 2 yrs. The bumper not at all (it couldn't be tied when the mattress was all the way raised and it would have been time to remove it (aka climbing hazard) by the time we lowered it). The crib skirt and mobile only until we lowered the mattres. The quilt lives on the back of the rocker. I could have saved a lot of $$ by just buying the valence and sheets (a lot of ebayers sell the pieces separately).

We accessorized with non-PBK items that matched well and we found framed "prints" (images on photo paper) that matched the set to hang.

AnnieW625
08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I really loved our crib bedding from PBK and when I started looking around for cheaper options I found that Carters didn't wear very well and JCP's home brand was almost the same price. I did like the Koala Baby from BRUS for jersey sheets, but really much preferred the gingham, and flannel sheets we got from PBK. We had one gingham, and one flannel and we used them for just over 2 years with no wear problems whatsoever!We didn't buy the whole set, just the flannel sheet, bumper, and valance that went with our pattern. We didn't need the quilt because my mom makes them!:)