PDA

View Full Version : What are the symptoms for pinkeye?

jess_g
08-22-2009, 06:38 PM
My eye is watery and red in the corner. Could it be pinkeye? or just allergies? It has been realy hot and humid here. Could it just be something in the air? And is there any drops for it? (Maybe Visine would work?)

Thanks,

Jessica.

LMPC
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I would try going to webmd.com and searching "conjunctivitis" -- I had it in high school and I remember it being unbelievably itchy!! I had to go to the doc and get drops. I don't think any OTC meds really work on pink eye. Oh and FWIW....until you know for certain, don't touch your eye and wash your hands really well!! Fingers crossed it's allergies!!!

baileygirl
08-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I get allergies where my eye gets a spot of pink and waters, but I was also lucky enough to have pink eye this year too. Pinkeye came on really quickly, and I knew in the middle of the night (without looking) that I had it. Not only does it get really gunky, but when I pulled my eye lid down my eye was pink. If you do end up with pinkeye, I would just call the drs office...most likely they won't want you to come in and will just call in a script.