PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Baby Bedrooms Furniture Quality??

dmg234
08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I looked at a Stanley set and it's really pretty although I'm concerned about quality. I'd like to be able to keep the furniture for quite a few years. Some of their baby pieces seemed like they weren't made as good as their adult furniture. Any experience with their baby furniture would be appreicated. They weren't cheap but there are some stores locally have 50% off on some of their sets so it wouldn't be too bad price wise. I was looking at them vs. Regazzi. I understand Regazzi used to be really well made and now it's not?? Any thoughts or advice please!!

CharlotteMommy
08-23-2009, 01:21 PM
We bought a Young America nursery set (crib, dresser, hutch), which is Stanley's kids line. Everything was delivered on time and there were absolutely no quality issues. We were extremely pleased with our purchase.

HTH!

czekit7
08-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I recently looked at Stanley's cribs and dressers...very expensive here (you'd thought it was made by the Amish)...and the dresser drawers were a little on the lower quality level...the drawer bottom was fiberboard (very thin), and the drawer pulls were screwed to the drawer box itself, instead of a second piece of wood (look at a Stanley drawer and what piece of wood the drawer pulls are attached, and then check out a Baby Italia/Cache at BRU or Munire/Bonavita and how the drawer pulls are on a second piece of wood that the drawer "box" is made).

Just my two cents worth. I had my father show me the ins-and-outs of quality furniture, and that was the first thing he pointed out.

Melbel
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
We purchased a Stanley YA bookcase for DD2 and have been very happy with the quality. As for Ragazzi, a few years ago, the old Ragazzi shuttered its doors and I believe Child Craft bought the company. The new company has failed/refused to support any warranty or replacement part requests and only bought the name. I personally would not buy a new Ragazzi because they are not made nearly as well as the old Ragazzi (now MIC I believe) and due to Child Craft's horrendous customer service.