PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you put a Moby on by yourself?

maylips
08-23-2009, 08:59 PM
My mom is still here, helping with the kids, and she bought me a Moby for DS. I love it...once I go through the process of dealing with all of the fabric and getting it on. In fact, I don't think I've been able to get it on all by myself yet correctly, without help from her or DH. It seems I don't get the crosses in the back very flat when I try to do it without assistance.

Is it just a matter of practice? Or do others find all of that fabric hard to deal with?

justincase
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
You'll get the hang of it with practice. It definitely took me a few times (okay, maybe more than a few :)) until I was comfortable. I still sometimes end up fussing with it once it's on to get it to lay as flat as I want it to across my back. It helps to do it in front of a mirror at first. I feel like you have to sort of press the tag area against your belly with one hand while you "toss" it over your shoulder with the other. Once I get it crossed in the back and fed down through the front part, then I mess with it to get it laying flat, before I do the wrap around part. Does that make sense? I feel like writing it out makes it sound more complicated than it is. Just keep at it, you'll get it!

hellokitty
08-23-2009, 09:32 PM
It just takes practice. When I use it when I am going out on an errand, I put it on before loading up the kids in the car, so when it's time to get the kids out, I can just load up the baby directly into the moby and tighten it w/o having to deal with all of the fabric and having it drag on the ground.

catpagmo
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Check youtube for video demos of how to put it on. I found that very helpful! Also, are you folding it in half, lengthwise? When I first started putting it on, I was not doing this and it made it much harder to deal with all the fabric.

It'll get easier with practice!

sweetsoul99
09-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Find a baby wearing meeting nearby. It helps to have someone show you and try it a couple of times. There is also the video on their website which helps, and i'm sure you tube would be a great resource.