PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who get professional bikini waxes (warning: graphic)...

mamica
08-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Sorry, this is kind of a gross and superpersonal question:

What do you do if you get your period just before your waxing appointment? Do you cancel/what do you say? Do you just go with a new tampon & make sure everything is clean on the outside?

Toba
08-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Oooh, ummm ... I've only had one once. But I think I would postpone. Just my opinion. I'm sure they've seen it all and wouldn't care, but for me, as the "customer," I wouldn't want to have it done during that time.

jerigirl
08-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Some say that you might be more sensitive to pain during that time. So it might be more painful. I personally would wait like PP said. But that is just me.

aks226
08-24-2009, 12:41 AM
:yeahthat:

I would just feel weird doing it during that time.

bubbaray
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I would postpone.

elektra
08-24-2009, 01:00 AM
I asked once and the place I used to go to said that they prefer that you postpone in that case.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-24-2009, 01:05 AM
I used to work at a dayspa years ago, and we would ask clients to postpone.

happymom
08-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Oooh, ummm ... I've only had one once. But I think I would postpone. Just my opinion. I'm sure they've seen it all and wouldn't care, but for me, as the "customer," I wouldn't want to have it done during that time.

Even if they've seen it all, I do think they would care. I would definitely postpone. This is assuming you mean a brazilian wax btw. I personally don't do brazilian, I just "clean up the edges". I don't even take off my underwear at all- just kind of push it out the way a little. In that case, I don't think its so bad as long as you have a fresh tampon in.....although honestly, I'd probably still postpone if I could.