PDA

View Full Version : BPA Industry fights back

Naranjadia
08-24-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/54195297.html

Barf me out the door!

writermama
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Maybe they can get together with the pthalate industry and the HFCS folks and have a party. A nice, toxic shindig.

hellokitty
08-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe they can get together with the pthalate industry and the HFCS folks and have a party. A nice, toxic shindig.

You read my mind!

brittone2
08-24-2009, 11:38 AM

:ROTFLMAO:

(gotta do the above so I don't have the urge to :banghead: )

cdlamis
08-24-2009, 11:46 AM

:yeahthat:

Naranjadia
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I just can't believe they're using the tobacco industry's playbook. :barf:

shoxie
08-24-2009, 12:09 PM
WOW...although I can't say it surprises me all that much - unfortunately.

arivecchi
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I will perhaps give it some "thought" if they are willing to give their kids BPA for a year. :shake:

brittone2
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Piggy backing on this, EWG has a new bit up on their site:

It's Deja Vu all over again with FDA's review of BPA:

http://ewg.org/BPA/newsrelease/Deja-vu-At-FDA-With-BPA

Snow mom
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
That article confirmed for me what I've always believed-- that microwave safe plastic is in fact not microwave safe. Just wondering what others do for snacks that need to be heated, especially those that have DC at daycare. Right now I'm sending DDs food in porcelain dishes because I can't find anything else of the appropriate size. Anyone have a good suggestion of something safe, not plastic, and preferably not breakable?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
That article confirmed for me what I've always believed-- that microwave safe plastic is in fact not microwave safe. Just wondering what others do for snacks that need to be heated, especially those that have DC at daycare. Right now I'm sending DDs food in porcelain dishes because I can't find anything else of the appropriate size. Anyone have a good suggestion of something safe, not plastic, and preferably not breakable?

Duralex glass? Kiddishes is one brand...

SnuggleBuggles
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM

Waxed paper baggies. They sell them at places like Whole Foods. Love them. Or a thermos if you just want to send it already warm.

At home I heat things up on our stoneware. I have never heated things in plastic. Just made me wary even decades ago.

Beth

gatorsmom
08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
This just makes me sooo angry. Why don't these people just roll over and die? It's one thing to not admit your guilt in harming people and keep quiet about it, but to actively LIE and purposely try to deceive us is downright disgusting. Don't these people have any shame? Seriously, how can they live with themselves knowing they are pushing a harmful chemical on the innocent, particularly babies and children? And the nutritionist and other jerks who this industry hires to lie for them- what is WRONG with these people? Are they antisocial????

deep breaths, deep breaths....