PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Discovery Toys home party

Happy 2B mommy
08-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Anyone having any experience with the toys or selling them? A friend is trying this out to make some $ and invited me to her first party. Normally I hate those "I'm having a party so you'll buy something", but she's a good friend so I'm going. Are they worth the money? Is it something worth her time and effort?

AnnieW625
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
One of the moms in my moms group is one and she is very low key and no pressure about what to buy. The toys are very good quality. We have the stacking cups and they are great. DD loves them!

egoldber
08-24-2009, 11:39 AM
The toys are nice, but I just find them a touch overpriced.

hellokitty
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
The toys are nice, but I just find them a touch overpriced.

:yeahthat:

belovedgandp
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, very nice, but pricey. The ones we own have been favorites - four piece stacking tower, three stacking trucks that hook together like a train, and a ball roll (boat thing with hammer). They will hold up and sell quite a few that will span many years of play.

MommyofAmaya
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, very nice, but pricey. The ones we own have been favorites - four piece stacking tower, three stacking trucks that hook together like a train, and a ball roll (boat thing with hammer). They will hold up and sell quite a few that will span many years of play.

The stacking trucks are a hit here too. Luckily I found them NIB at the flea market for $3.

Andi98989
08-24-2009, 01:59 PM
My still has some discovery toys from 10+ years ago from when my sister and cousins were in school. They were the 'older kids' toys, though - MarbleWorks, Mosaic Mysteries, Think It Through, and a few other things that I don't see in their catalog right now.

vonfirmath
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
We have the Castle Marbleworks (That I got used) and it is excellent.

I'd love to go to a Discovery Toys party adn see what else they have.

I expect their toys to be a bit overpriced because they are in the party format.