PDA

View Full Version : ball pit / tunnel

emily
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
We're thinking of getting a ball pit for DD who is 16 mos. DH wants to get her a tunnel to crawl through. I found this on toysrys site which seems to be a combo, does anyone own it or anything like it? would you recommend?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2402420

Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Also, how long do kids actually play in these until they get bored with it?

TIA!

DebbieJ
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
IKEA has a tunnel for like $15.

HIU8
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
we have just a tunnel. The kids move it around the house. Right now it is at the opening to our pop up tent. We made a ball pit out of a turtle sandbox (bought balls separately. It is surrounded by a playyard gate.

brittone2
08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
In the past sometimes Costco has had great deals on the Ryan's Room tent/tunnel sets. We bought ours 4 years ago for like $25 for two tents and a tunnel. They usually carry a slightly different version every year, although I don't remember seeing one last year. It might be something to check if you have a membership or know someone w/ a membership. They are already starting to put out holiday toys (however, I haven't seen any tent/tunnel sets yet this year).

I agree w/ checking out Ikea too.

Babymakes3
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
DS just got the Cozy Coupe ball pit for his 1 yr birthday and we also received the IKEA tunnel and he seems to like both! The cozy coupe is the perfect size for indoors!

katydid1971
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I love how well padded the IKEA tunnel is. The wires don't hurt little knees. We have the IKEA tunnel and tent, less than $25 for both.

emily
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Thank you for the responses. Off to Ikea tonight to chk out the tunnel and some other furniture pieces for DD. I'm thinking maybe we'll just do the Ikea tunnel, a tent/inflatible pool with some balls. May be a cheaper solution especially with all the summer sales going on. Now if I can only contain the balls in the house. I have visions of plastic balls everywhere.