PDA

View Full Version : My Sigg emails

hillview
08-24-2009, 08:36 PM
In case anyone is intersted -- I am VERY unhappy -- UMMM you DID SELL the bottles:
==
Dear Hillary,

We are unable to provide you with a refund, we can provide you with replacements.

You may choose to keep your current SIGG bottles as they been shown not to leach, or you may choose to have us replace them for you.

Thank you in advance for your kind understanding in this regard.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:16 AM
To: SIGG USA Liners
Subject: RE: Very disappointed and sad

Dear Sir,
I would like a refund. I do not intend to continue to use SIGG products.
Also how can I get reimbursed for return shipping?
Thank you,
/hillary

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: Very disappointed and sad

Hi Hillary,

I understand where you are coming from. Fact is SIGG did not manufacture the old liner, it was provided to us by a third party that would not disclose the ingredient list, only testing that assured no leaching of BPA or ANYTHING else into any beverage poured into a SIGG. Several tests were conducted in Europe and the US to make sure of it. These tests are located for your review here:

http://mysigg.com/bulletin (http://mysigg.com/bulletin) [click on tests/reports]

Our company wanted to become more transparent and Eco-friendly with regard to the liner, so the EcoCare liner was developed. We still stand behind our product and the people that purchase and drink from them.

We understand and honor your concern and will gladly replace your bottle[s] with brand new SIGG bottles featuring this EcoCare, BPA free liner. We ask that you return your old bottles to us as proof of purchase and so that we may recycle them.

Attached please find our return form.

Please print and fill this out and ship the bottle[s] back to us. Upon receipt, we will issue you a gift certificate pin code good toward the purchase of replacement bottles on mysigg.com, this will include the shipping. No need to return any tops or the caps currently on your bottles, as these are BPA free and may come in handy as extras when you receive your replacement[s].

We enclose a mailing label with the appropriate RMA, please USE THIS shipping label on the outside of your package so that we may expedite the
processing of your return. Failure to use this label will cause your
package to be misdirected in our warehouse, and seriously delay your replacement.

If you have any questions, please hit reply to this email [[email protected]] and let us know.

brittone2
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Not their fault, huh? Blech.

I *still* haven't gotten my promised call from WFs explaining why they were selling deeply discounted Siggs in their store over the weekend (with the old lining). I guess they have nothing to say...what can they say? Color me skeptical, but they know something is up if they are selling them at basically half price.

MommyAllison
08-24-2009, 09:10 PM
<snip> Fact is SIGG did not manufacture the old liner, it was provided to us by a third party that would not disclose the ingredient list, only testing that assured no leaching of BPA or ANYTHING else into any beverage poured into a SIGG. <snip>

Seriously, they put their name on, marketed, and sold a product and they had no knowledge of what ingredients were in the liner?? Do they really expect anyone to believe them? They tick me off, and I've never bought a single thing from their company. Design your own darn liner and be honest about what is in it *before* you create a product next time!

alien_host
08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't even own any SIGG bottles and I really can't believe their response to this, it's pathetic really.

I totally don't buy the "well we didn't make it so we aren't responsible" excuse...seriously?

DrSally
08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
That's a terrible response. They put their name on it, so they're responsible. Most companies source their materials/parts from elsewhere, so that's no excuse.