PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take for your Bing cashback to show up in your acct?

ett
08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
I signed up for Bing cashback last Friday night at the same time that I placed a Barnes and Noble order. My order has shipped but 3 days later it has not shown up in my account yet. How long did it take for your cashback to show up in your account? And did it take longer the first time? My drugstore.com order from yesterday has already shipped today and that has not shown up yet either. Just wondering whether I should be contacting them now or if I should wait a few days. I have another order that I want to place and Bing will give me the best cashback, but I rather not deal with them if I can just go through somewhere else and get the cashback automatically.

HallsofVA
08-24-2009, 11:46 PM
I placed an order last weekend that hasn't shipped yet, and the pending cashback transaction showed up in my account within an hour. Well actually, I received the email from bing within the hour but it was the next morning before I logged in and saw the pending transaction there.

ang79
08-24-2009, 11:49 PM
I signed up for a cashback account last week and then made a purchase from Ebags last Thurs. There was a deal that I shopped and earned cashback and after I made the purchase I got an email from bing.com to complete setting up my account. I went through all the steps and my Ebags purchase has shipped, but I still have nothing showing in my account......It was $50, so I'm getting a bit worried about it not being there!

endlessheather
08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Most people say that if it doesn't show up within 2 hours or so it could be iffy. On some forums they say to cancel the order if it hasn't processed within a few hours to your bing and re-order but I've never gone through that.

The few times I've used it, it will show up within that 2 hour time period. I have had 2 purchases - one through at&t and one through ebags that didn't work and left me a bit bitter about using them. Both of those I emailed customer service using their form within the 2 days of it not showing up (as they say on their website) and it took days to get a response, an automated one at that, requesting more info. I sent the info promptly and still waited days for any other response. In the end I was told that they had no tracking information on my order and that they were sorry.

The ebags happened just last week and I ended up sending the bag back. It was an expensive bag for me to not get the 35% cash back that was going on. I ended up ordering from ebay thankfully with a seller that had it for cheaper and got cashback through ebay. So, maybe it was fate hehe but still ticked me off to go through that much trouble!!!

For some reason whenever I order with ebay my cashback works flawless but probably because you can see the cashback message throughout your order process. I wish the other websites could show that too :( so you knew that you had everything done correctly or that it would process right!

ett
08-25-2009, 12:42 AM
When I clicked on Barnes and Noble, it said "Welcome Bing customer" so I know I definitely did it correctly. But I did use a coupon code so I don't know if that would invalidate it. When I ordered through drugstore.com I did not use a coupon code so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't get that cashback. I don't like how they don't have any tracking tickets like how ebates and fatwallet does. And the sign up process was a pain too; just so typical for Microsoft to make everything so complicated!

There's a sale on drugstore.com for the moisturizer that my DS's use, so I want to put in another order. The 20% cashback is nice but not if I'm not getting it. I think I should just go back and go through ShopDiscover and know I'll get 10% back.

Melbel
08-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Using coupons will invalidate bing cash back most of the time. My drugstore.com purchase did not show up with bing, so I used their online form. I responded to an automated form requesting more information. Within a few days, the problem was corrected and my cash back showed up in my account.

jvs195
08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
My drugstore.com Bing showed as pending about 4 days after placing the order. Never got an email from bing. I now have one with dermstore that has been 4 days and I've entered the process with bing to find it, but as pp said, automated response to send them a copy of my order and now nothing for 2 days.

TwinFoxes
08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
I placed an order through Bing at Dermstore. I did it right after I set up my Bing account, and like PP said, leave it to Microsoft to make that process completely annoying and frustrating, with many added steps. Anyway, I just had a feeling something wasn't right, so after two days I contacted Bing (on their website it says if your $$ don't show up as pending after two days to contact them.) I got the automated email, responded to it with all of the information, and then about 2-3 days later I got the credit. I don't know why I didn't get it in the first place, but that experience, along with the whole annoying set up process makes me not want to try it again. It's just so typical of Microsoft...someone else does a good job (like Fatwallet) and MS tries to replicate it and make it "better" and just ends up making it a PITA. The 30% cashback at Dermstore was definitely nice though.

nabigus
08-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Mine didn't show up after the two days, so I emailed customer service. They responded within a day, asking me to send an attached order confirmation. I got a nice email and the cash back credited to my account later that day.

Since the cash back was something like 25%, totally worth it for me!

nellonello
08-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I think I am in the minority in that I have placed 5 orders through Bing shopping (OfficeMax, Dermstore, FTD, ebags and Shoebuy) and have had no problems with the money showing up in the account the same day.:yay::boogie:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-25-2009, 01:26 PM
My Klean Kanteen bottles from backcountry.com shipped before the money showed. It took 2 days. I think it depends on the seller not BING...

inmypjs
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I just bought a couple of things via Buy It Now on Ebay, and I got emails from bing within a couple of hours.

lilhilly
08-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree that it's the online merchant, not bing, that seems to be the problem (if there is one). I have never had any problems with cashback showing up in my bing account until I ordered from backcountry.com a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get my cashback from that order, and I recall that I had a similar problem with backcountry and Fatwallet a couple of years ago (which resulted in me getting no cashback even after I followed up, boo!) I've put in a service request, so hopefully they'll get it worked out for me.

mamatomax
08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
My Barnes & Noble purchase didn't show up either. I've contacted them about it, so hopefully they'll get it worked out soon.