PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangment for 28 month old while traveling-Need Suggestions

EQ_Bo_07
08-25-2009, 10:53 AM
We are going with our DC abroad to visit relatives. They do not have a crib availaile. What type of bedding would you use? We have never traveled for, and always used pack and play, but clearly it is too heavy and our DC has outgrown it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KrisM
08-25-2009, 10:58 AM
By that age, my kids were in twin beds. If you don't think a bed woudl work, what about a sleeping bag or blankets on the floor? If we were in a hotel, the kid just slept between us on the larger bed.

egoldber
08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
If we were in a hotel, the kid just slept between us on the larger bed.

This what we usually do. We never really used a PnP after our kids were infants.

For a 28 month old, a low cot if that is available could work as well.

EQ_Bo_07
08-25-2009, 11:12 AM
My DC sleeps in her own crib now and has not tried to climb out of it. We never stayed elsewhere and never had to considering sleeping in the same bed. I really don't want to start doing that now.

egoldber
08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
My kids don't sleep in our bed at home, just on road trips. It's kind of a fun part of travel for them and for me it's worth it because it simplifies logistics (less to travel with, less to have in the room, etc.)

EQ_Bo_07
08-25-2009, 11:21 AM
If someone could recommend a bed of some sort, that would be great. I am not sure i want to have the child sleep on the floor.

DietCokeLover
08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
We use pea pod plus for travelling. They are easy to travel with, but my DC recently learned how to get out of them (see post in BP) and I had to use a twist tie to keep them from running around all night.

Moneypenny
08-25-2009, 11:25 AM
We bought a small inflatable mattress/sleeping bag combo. I found it at Target for about $15-$20 bucks. I think they only had character ones, so we ended up with Dora, but that worked really well for DD for the 2-4 year age range. When it's deflated, it doesn't take up a whole lot of room, so it was good for travelling.

pinay
08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
My DD (she's 28 mths now) had her first overnight w/ the grandparents and we bought her an inflatable bed from WalMart. I believe we found it in the camping section- they had Disney princess and Cars designs and were approximately $30. I wanted one with the raised sides since she's a bit of a mover when she sleeps, but they pushed it against a wall and put pillows on the floor on the opposite side and it seemed to work fine. She sleeps in her crib at home but seemed to like the novelty of her "princess bed" and did pretty well staying put (at least, that's what the grandparents said!)

Piglet
08-25-2009, 12:03 PM
We have 2 of these for our boys: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-Ready-Battery-pump/dp/B000YTDUJ0/ref=pd_sbs_t_5 (not the princess ones, LOL). They are nice, but one sprnug a leak after a jumping incident.

We have this one for DD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IV33/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p21_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1SFS9WME49DXV30VXD44&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938131&pf_rd_i=507846

It is awesome, but it plugs into the wall to inflate which might be a problem abroad (different voltage).

lmwbasye
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
We use an Aerobed for Kids...works great. DS1 started using it at that age and stayed in his crib at home for way longer...no problems at all.

FWIW...my nephew uses the travel cot from One Step Ahead and it works well for them.