PDA

View Full Version : Newton Highlanders??

MimiSirois
08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi - I'm traveling to Newton, MA 02461 next Monday for a medical appointment and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for what DH can do with 3yo DS and 7yo DD while I'm at the appt....someplace close to 1172 Beacon St.

Since they will be in a car 4+ hours that day, I'm thinking a good playground would be nice. Not enough time to go to the aquarium or children's museum. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Michele

hillview
08-26-2009, 11:34 AM
The public library in Newton rocks (near the city hall). There are a bunch of playgrounds. I love Avery Park in Newton. If you google "avery park, ma" you will get a link to it. Cabot's ice cream and restaurant is nice in Newtonville.

Feel free to PM me with more questions!

HTH!
/hillary

mominma
08-27-2009, 07:20 PM
The Cove in Auburndale is a really nice playground and the kids can feed the ducks. There is also lots of shade, which I really like. It is off Comm Ave close to the Marriott Hotel.

http://www.kidsplayparks.com/spot_kid_friendly_parks_The_Cove_Newton_MA_92967.a spx

Newton Centre playgound is also very nice.

The closest to your appointment would be the playground at the old Hyde school on Lincoln Street and then they could go to Ice Cream Works for ice cream.

If the weather is lousy, I recommend the Previous post about the library.

hollybloom24
09-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Sounds like you'll be close to Newton Center too - lots of food options and also a great new playground.

Johnny's is a 50s style diner, Tango Mango is a burrito place, Sweet Tomatoes has great pizza, JP Licks and Cold Stone Creamery are ice cream options. There are also Chinese, Middle Eastern, Indian, Mexican, and Italian options. Also a Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Peet's in N.C. The playground is off Tyler Street - same side of Center Stret as CVS, heading out of the center.

Good luck!

MimiSirois
09-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for all the info!!

The kids and Dad ended up going to the Newton Center Playground, and they had a great time. It was a 2-min drive from doc's office (Dr Blanchard at 1172 Beacon St). We went to the mall afterward & ate at Cheesecake Charlie's. Holy cow!...does that mall put perfume in their heating/cooling ducts or something?! Disgusting...hated that. We then went to Whole Foods, which was a couple doors away from doc's office and picked up a snack and groceries before heading back home.

I will keep your ideas on hand for future reference.

thx!
Michele