PDA

View Full Version : SS Bottles from ON? $5

doberbrat
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I could have sworn I saw a thread about these and I cant find it anywhere. Anyone have any reviews? good/bad things to say about them? I assume they're ok bpa/lead -wise?

are they a total pia to wash?

doberbrat
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
bump for the day crowd...

Charlie
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure these are aluminum and not stainless steel. fyi

southern_kali_gurl
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Here's a thread about them.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=327995

daniele_ut
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure these are aluminum and not stainless steel. fyi

I saw them in Old Navy last week and they were clearly marked Stainless Steel

CiderLogan
08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
We got some. They were indeed SS and I liked them a lot, but both started leaking (out of the bottom/around the bottom edge, not at the spout) after just a few weeks of use. We replaced one but couldn't find our receipt to replace the other, so I just tossed it. I wouldn't buy them again.

doberbrat
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Here's a thread about them.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=327995

thank you!! I searched for an hour yesterday b/c I knew I'd seen a post and couldnt find it.

I might try one. and keep the receipt apparently!

MichelleRC
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Mine leaks and I can not figure out how or where it is coming from. Too bad because the design is really cute !

american_mama
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I was the original poster and actually posted two threads before I bought the bottles. Apparently, the bottles used to be aluminum but have been changed and are now stainless steel. They come in two varieties: a larger one with a screw cap and a smaller one with an athletic top (can pull the spout up and down and suck out of it).

I've had the athletic top ones for 6 weeks and think they are strictly so-so. They leak from the top half the time for reasons I cannot figure out, usually when they are laying completely on their side (which happens a lot since I just toss them in a backpack or swim bag). I screw the cap on carefully and very tightly, have started filling the bottles only half or 3/4 full, and often put the mud guard top on as a second defense against leaking, but sometimes the water stays in, sometimes not.

I have been told that the screw top ones do not leak. The painted decorations on mine have not scratched off, but a friends' screw top ones have scratched. Neither one of us have had dents. I have no leaking from the bottom of mine, only the top.

I wish I'd bought only one for my family as a trial rather than two.