PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a good deal on a tankini top? URGENT!

sansdieu
08-25-2009, 09:53 PM
To make a long story short, never thought I'd see myself in a bathing suit again after DD was born, but all of a sudden I need one by Friday at the latest (and, of course, all the stores are displaying winter clothes already). I've tried Bob's, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Target, and Eddie Bauer. I managed to buy some bottoms on clearance, but no tops are left in my size (a year of breastfeeding left me with a chest that would make Pamela Anderson jealous :( ). Are there any places where there's still a decent selection of swimwear at decent prices? There's a swimwear store at the mall, but it looks expensive.

novmber
08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
are you near a Sears at all with a Land's End section? i was there recently and they have a bunch of suits on sale - i bought a tankini suit this summer for some swim classes for my twins (also did not expect to be - or want to be - in a swim suit and was very happy with my suit).

sansdieu
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Yes, there's a Sears at my mall, and I'm pretty sure they have some Land's End merchandise, although I haven't been there in a while. Is the Land's End section pretty easy to find?

mimi2008
08-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Went to Macy's this past weekend. They are clearing out their swim suits -- 50-75% off. There are racks of swimwear separates down to $12 each, even the fancy-smancy brands.

inmypjs
08-26-2009, 12:17 AM
You could also order a bunch of pieces from Lands End, and then return whatever you don't like at Sears. You'll pay for expedited shipping of course, but I think their swimwear prices are about as low as they get right now, so that would help.

reneed
08-26-2009, 01:00 AM
JC Penny has a sale right now

uafgrad
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Dillards has an extra 40% off all of their clearance items right now (even online).

uafgrad
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh, another place would be amazon.com If you have prime it is only $3.99 to ship overnight. If you don't have prime, contact me and I can let you ride on my account for a day so you can order.

sansdieu
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks!!! Off to the mall I go (was hoping to avoid that...); I'll report what I find.

Can't ship anything because I have no clue what size my top really is; must try things on, much as I abhor the process.

Didn't know you could return Land's end stuff at Sears...

foerdani
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I second JC Penny. I got a really cute one there a few weeks ago for $22.00. They are made really well and I was actually happy with how I looked. However I hate swim suit shopping and dressing rooms!

sansdieu
08-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Thank you, thank you!!! I made out like a bandit at the Land's End sale at Sears: 2 tankini tops, 2 swim shorts, and, of course, some stuff for DD (the sale is really great, by the way, lots of Land's End stuff on 50% clearance off already-reduced prices.) I would have bought more, but I was exhausted by the time I hit Sears -- AFTER I tried Macy's (slim pickin's), Penneys (cute, but nothing in my size), and "Everything but Water" swimwear specialty store ($70+ for tankini tops, and the salesperson told me she guaranteed I'd fit into a 36DD -- so I had to try one on just to demonstrate how wrong she was).

Swimsuit shopping was bad enough in my pre-pregnancy body, but this experience made me feel like a total freak (it's the same thing with bras; apparently, only specialty stores carry sizes above DD, and there aren't any where I live :().

Babymakes3
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Old Navy has them in my store still!

Dyonia
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Swimsuit shopping was bad enough in my pre-pregnancy body, but this experience made me feel like a total freak (it's the same thing with bras; apparently, only specialty stores carry sizes above DD, and there aren't any where I live :().

Disclaimer: I work for Lane Bryant/Cacique

Cacique stores carry bras sizes 36 C to 46H -- the website carries sizes smaller and larger sizes as well. (Cacique is the intimate apparel brand owned by Lane Bryant.) All Lane Bryant stores carry Cacique intimates in 38C to 48DDD, while the FGH range is carried only at the Cacique stores. Check the store locater and see if there is one around you.

www.cacique.com (http://www.cacique.com)

FYI, the Lane Bryant Friends and Family sale is this weekend (30% off - Sat and Sun) and you can most certainly use it on Cacique merchandise. If you're not on the mailing list, I can forward you the coupon when it hits my inbox. (which will probably be Friday night) If you're in the Phoenix metro area, PM me and I'll snail mail you a coupon today so you'll get it in time.

sansdieu
08-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Dyonia,
just PM'd you. thanks!

Dyonia
08-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Got it! Sent you an email, too.