PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 1 and 2 coming to theaters in Oct.?

SnuggleBuggles
08-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone know more about this? There was a little tie-in Toy Story project in this month's Family Fun magazine and they said that the movies were coming out in Oct. with 3D effects.

I am so there if that's true! I never saw them on the big screen. I would love to see Nemo on the big screen too.

Beth

Toba
08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
YES! I can't remember the exact date, but they had a trailer for it when we went to see G-Force. I was kind of excited because I've never seen either.

ETA: From Wiki:
"Toy Story is set for re-release in a double feature with Toy Story 2 in Disney Digital 3-D on October 2, 2009, and Toy Story 3, scheduled for release on June 18, 2010, is in development.[5]"

deannanb
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
this is what I found with a quick google search:

'Toy Story' DVD Re-Release Won't Be Changed, Pixar Promises
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
http://images.buddytv.com/articles/movies/Image/09302008-toystory.jpg

In preparation for the 2010 release of Toy Story 3, Pixar recently announced that they will re-release the series’ first two films, Toy Story (http://www.buddytv.com/toy-story-movie.aspx) and Toy Story 2 (http://www.buddytv.com/toy-story-2-movie.aspx), in 3D from 2009. With the opportunity for the animation studio to perhaps change some aspects of their earlier films, fans feared that they will pull off something like what George Lucas did with the home video release of the first three Star Wars films.

Pixar producer Jim Morris, however, reassured that there won’t be any such changes with the films. “We’re not changing a thing in the movies,” he said in a recent interview. “We’re not changing the timing, story, pacing, the shots, anything … it’s exactly the same movie you saw before.”

The only change in the films, he said, will be a better quality in the animation, aside from the 3D element. “Our renderers are much better now than when we made the movies originally, so they actually have a higher level of detail to them and so forth,” he said. He also promised that Toy Story 3 will be shown in 3D when it hits theaters, much like their newer film projects; the upcoming Pixar release Up, which hits screens next year, will also be in 3D.

SpaceGal
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Yup I took my family to see Ponyo and I saw the preview for the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D double feature. Looks very cool...only thing is I wonder if my kids can sit for TWO movies. I'd love it though. Especially now that my boys seem to really be into Toy Story.

KpbS
08-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I wondered if something was up when I recently saw some Toy Story merchandise in a high end toy store here. That explains it.

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Yay! Thanks!

Beth

egoldber
08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
It's all part of the hype for TS3.

boolady
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
I love the Toy Story movies.

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
They can hype all they want. They can also greedily double dip their profits by getting me to buy DVDs and go to the theater. No problem with that at all. :) They are awesome movies and I look forward to seeing them on the big screen with ds1. I was telling dh a few months ago that they should rerelease the Pixar films.

Beth

egoldber
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I plan to see it too. ;)

alien_host
08-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I can't wait for TS3! DD would love to see "Buzz and Woody" (TS1) and "Buzz's Father" (TS2) on the big screen!

mariza
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
That explains all the Toy Story mercandise I saw at Target recently. DS & DD will be so excited, daycare has a Buzz Lightyear costume that they both love to wear!

AnnieW625
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
We may or may not go, DH is color blind so he has a hard time with 3d movies. If it involves the 3d glasses then we probably won't go because DD wouldn't keep the glasses on.