PDA

View Full Version : natural mattreses

jhrabosk
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
We've bought DD's new twin bed, but still don't have a mattress! I'm so overwhelmed by the choices. I want to get something natural, but don't want to break the bank. I'm considering latex (and will definitely be getting myself one when we finally buy a new bed), but wonder whether it's necessary for a child or if she would be ok on a coil with natural materials.

Anyone have recommendations?

o_mom
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
We have been happy with our IKEA mattress for DS1. It is coil with latex padding. It is mostly natural materials and they don't use brominated fire retardants so I think it is better than the usual brands, but not break the bank expensive, either.

brittone2
08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
We have an Ikea mattress on DD's bed (she doesn't use it yet, still cosleeps) that is mostly natural latex.

DH and I upgraded to a natural king mattress when I was preggo with DD. It is a Savvy Rest natural latex mattress. We have a local seller so that made it an easier decision. The bloggers at younghouselove recently bought and reviewed the same mattress.

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/07/sleep-easy/

jhrabosk
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
We have been happy with our IKEA mattress for DS1. It is coil with latex padding. It is mostly natural materials and they don't use brominated fire retardants so I think it is better than the usual brands, but not break the bank expensive, either.

I was considering that mattress, but have read some conflicting reports on their fire retardants. Maybe I need to give them a call...