PDA

View Full Version : what info do you allow to be published in the school directory?

urquie
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
it's time to fill out all the school and ptsa forms. not sure what info i want to share...

Corie
08-26-2009, 04:57 PM
From going through our school directory, I'm going to say that 99.9% of
the families share everything asked.

Here is an example of what is in our directory:

Bob and Kathy Smith
123 Main Street
Anyplace, Anystate 01234
222-4444

Child: Bob Jr.
grade 2 Mrs. Teacher

I just LOVE our directory!!! I actually suggested to the person in charge
if we could add our home email address. I prefer email communication
as to phone calls.

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I share it all. For some reason I feel comfortable doing this at his school. Having the info (all Corie posted plus email) is just helpful to me and others. For example, ds1 chose not to invite his class to his b-day party so I had to track down addresses from everyone in his class. Had I not lent my directory out I would have been ok.

Beth

jenmcadams
08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm actually in charge of our school directory -- it is a huge PITA to put together, but a very coveted document...I love having it and most people share everything. Here's what a typical entry in ours looks like

LAST Name
Child 1 - Grade/Teacher
Child 2 - Grade/Teacher

Parent Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Home Phone
Cell Phone
Email

Most blended families include info from both households as well...

elektra
08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I remember seeing the school directory for the school where my college boyfriend was a teacher (it was just sitting around our apartment so I took a peek). It was a school were tons of celebrities' kids go in Santa Monica and there were a lot of just regular home addresses included, even for the celebrities. I did notice that the mega-celebrities included PO boxes but there was always at least something listed. And who knows, maybe it was their assistants' phone numbers or something instead of just their personal lines.
So if you aren't comfortable with the personal info, maybe include a work address if a PO Box is not practical?
But based on some of the names and addresses I saw in that book, it's probably normal to just give all your info.

kijip
08-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I include it all.

urquie
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks for the replies! you guys convinced me to include it all. :)

kozachka
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I had to fill the forms last night and decided to include everything. Glad to hear that others are doing the same thing. Gives me peace of mind :)