PDA

View Full Version : QUICK: Any free shipping codes for Shutterfly (8x8 photo book)?

ourbabygirl
08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I need to order one tonight (free book offer expires tonight), and I'm wondering if you know of a free shipping code...

THANKS! :bowdown:

inmypjs
08-26-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think there are any...a lot of times they don't have one when they have these other freebies going on.

ohiomom1121
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I couldn't find one either so I just paid the shipping...still a great deal. :)

smiles33
08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
FYI, if you didn't get the email with the code, it won't work with your account. I spent 3 hours putting together an 8x8 book and then found out the code wouldn't work because it was only sent to certain accounts. :(

I'm going to wait until the Pampers rewards program offers a free 8x8 book again as it's $35 after tax and shipping.

DebbieJ
08-27-2009, 12:23 AM
There is a free shipping code if you spend $40. I just made my book and paid the shipping, though as I wasn't going to spend that much.

lexie's mom
08-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I made two additional books and was over the $40 but couldn't use the code with the free book.

My code was summerbook, may not hurt to see if it works for you. I think it is good until the 27th since I just placed my order minutes ago.

Snow mom
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Codes that get emailed are account specific. General codes, such as spend $40 and get free shipping, tend to be right on their webpage.

ohiomom1121
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Of course they came out with a free shipping code today!!! FREESHIP15

kayte
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
FYI, if you didn't get the email with the code, it won't work with your account. I spent 3 hours putting together an 8x8 book and then found out the code wouldn't work because it was only sent to certain accounts. :(

I'm going to wait until the Pampers rewards program offers a free 8x8 book again as it's $35 after tax and shipping.

Just so you know for next time, you can always try to add a code to your special offers and see if it works for you. (Before you make something only to find out the special isn't good). I have found codes on the coupon code websites sometimes work on my account and sometimes don't/ But it's worth a try.

Pennylane
08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Also, shutterfly is great about extending offers a few days for you. I was working on my free book last night and just could not get it finished. I emailed them to tell them I did not get it done and they applied a free code to my account that expires on the 31st!

Ann

ourbabygirl
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow- too bad I didn't have the time to read all your responses because I was too busy :hopmad: staying up til 11:30 to make my photo book! My fault; I had never made one before and had no idea how involved it can be. So at about 11:10 I finished the book, went through the order process, put in my code (SUMMERBOOK, like some of you also had), only to have it reject the code. Turns out I must have made it under my work e-mail account, not my personal one. I just called customer service and they basically said it wouldn't work because the promotions are sent to certain accounts, blah blah blah. Anyhow, I appreciate all your comments and am kicking myself for not realizing what I did wrong. Oh well- I still ordered the book to be done with it! (It's for DD's 1st bday in October.) Good to know that Pampers also does books... I'm going to see what other providers make them (any B&M stores that you know of, like Walgreens, Target, Wal-mart, Sam's Club, Kinkos? I thought that CVS might) for good prices.

3boys1girl
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Well I know it is too late now, but I have 2 accounts also and I just make all of my books in one account and when there is a coupon in the other account I just "share/email" the book with my other email address and save it to that account and then order it! Works like a charm!
HTH next time you have a coupon in your work email account!

honeybefly
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Be careful with the multiple accounts. I closed my multiple accounts and told me it was against the rules because I was abusing their promotions! I had thousnads of photos uploaded too! :-(

kayte
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Be careful with the multiple accounts. I closed my multiple accounts and told me it was against the rules because I was abusing their promotions! I had thousnads of photos uploaded too! :-(

Wow. I am shocked at that.

Did they at least burn them to CD for you or offer to let you buy CDs of the images???

I took a quick look at their 'Terms" and didn't see anything like that listed. I do not have multiple accounts but my husband has one--with the same billing and address information. We have used promotional things on both accounts (not shared things like explained above).

eggnova
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Also, shutterfly is great about extending offers a few days for you. I was working on my free book last night and just could not get it finished. I emailed them to tell them I did not get it done and they applied a free code to my account that expires on the 31st!

Ann
This is so good to know! I stayed up until 3 am finishing my free book...! (Thank goodness the deal expired at midnight PST and I'm on the east coast!) Honestly, I'm such a procrastinator, I need the deadline anyone to get anything done.

Just an FYI to the OP - I'm pretty sure it's part of their business/marketing plan that if you have a free book offer they're not going to also offer free shipping. They are a business with costs and people's salaries to pay, too. And if they give it all away and go out of business with all our photos on their servers, then everyone loses. =(

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, just being realistic.

Pennylane
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Just an FYI to the OP - I'm pretty sure it's part of their business/marketing plan that if you have a free book offer they're not going to also offer free shipping. They are a business with costs and people's salaries to pay, too. And if they give it all away and go out of business with all our photos on their servers, then everyone loses. =(

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, just being realistic.

I tried to use the free shipping code and it did not work. No biggie though, I still get the book for $9 shipped (which is crazy high, but oh well)!

Ann

DebbieJ
08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
My free book arrived today. Hooray!