PDA

View Full Version : Oh no he's crawling!!!!!!!!!!

BeccaB.
08-27-2009, 08:23 AM
So my son started crawling a couple of weeks ago (yeah!!!). Now he is trying to chew on every electrical cord in the house. Any ideas of how to keep them out of reach while still having them plugged in. Thanks for your help!

egoldber
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM
We rearranged things so that cords were not exposed. And re-directed every.single.time when that was not an option.

arivecchi
08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I agree with Beth. You can also buy cord covers for those that cannot be hidden for whatever reason. We have some of those around our computer cables.

o_mom
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Yep - I have no table/floor lamps unless in a spot where the cord is completely behind immovable furniture. The TV is on a stand that keeps it all hidden and the same with the computer desk. The lamps and such are not going to stop being a problem even with the cords covered - once they can pull up and grab at them they can pull them over. I would suggest figuring out now how to arrange things so they can't get to them.

BeccaB.
08-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately rearranging the furniture is not an option. It really only fits one way in the front room (main problem area). My mom's in a wheelchair so we try to keep the room handicap accessible for when she comes over.

AshleyAnn
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Would it work to use a staple gun to secure them to the carpeting? Granted it would make moving things tough and only works if you have carpeting but it would secure the cords and make it super difficult for him to get the cords into his mouth.

You can also get cord concealers that would cover them. Its just a plastic or rubber tube that wraps around them. They're generally in the electronics department.

SnuggleBuggles
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, we just got rid of things till he was older. All lamps that we couldn't make safe went away. A bit extreme but it gave me peace of mind.

Beth

AshleyAnn
08-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Found these while shoping at BRU today https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2322214&fromRegistryNumber=43582429&product_skn=956711

BeccaB.
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the link to the cord covers. I'll have to admit I didn't quite know what covers everyone was referring too. We had those in my schools computer lab. Duhhh! Why didn't I think of those? Good idea! Thanks for the help!