PDA

View Full Version : Weird ?: How to remove pollen 'stain' from DC's head?

ourbabygirl
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Strange, I know, but I have a big bouquet of flowers on our kitchen island, including some lilies. A couple days ago I was holding DD and letting her touch the flowers.... she must have rubbed up against one of the lilies, and the pollen kind of 'stained' the top of her head (underneath her blonde hair). It didn't come off after bathing her or trying to rub it away with a washcloth; any other suggestions? I guess her scalp could be dry and making the yellow-orange color stick; maybe I'll try some baby oil in today's bath?
Also, when brushing the fallen petals into my hands to throw them away, I got some pollen on my hands which then got onto the white highchair tray.... aargh! Dish soap and water didn't take it off; any suggestions?

Thanks!

KpbS
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I would imagine the pollen would just have to wear off eventually. Some pollen (from a lily) stained my car door handle (exterior) several years ago. I think it was there for 2+ years!!! Not that your daughter's head would be the same ;) just that it is really staining and stubborn. Did you try hydrogen peroxide?

At least it is not on her cheek or somewhere more visible.

GL

ThreeofUs
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
It doesn't come off easily, but it does wear off fairly quickly on skin. On a tray, I'd try bleach.