PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to turn in baby gear at BRU?

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I saw this both on another parenting board I go to and the carseat forum here. You can turn in old baby gear to TRU and BRU for a 20% coupon, restrictions apply.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/32554267

I don't necessarily need anything from the stores but I would love to get rid of my old carseats easily. I have given other things away to friends and am still using things but I have 3 expired seats. I have to look into whether they are part of the program or not. It'd be great if they were!

Beth

tiapam
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I just got the mailer.

Aug 28-Sep 20

Get 20% off your new:

car seat
stroller
travel system
high chair
play yard
bassinet
crib

from participating brands when you bring in any of these used items from any brand.

Participating brands:
babi italia
baby cache
baby trend
bertini
britax
chicco
countours by kolcraft
cosco
delta
eddie bauer
evenflo
graco
jeep
nature's purest by summer infant
safety 1st
sorelle

20% discount valid on day of trade in only, in store only, one coupon per guest. not valid with any other offer or on prior purchases.

caleymama
08-27-2009, 06:10 PM
:banghead: Not even 2 weeks ago I got rid of an Evenflo Chase seat that I hated during our bulk trash pick-up. It was not expired but the harness straps were ruined (they were off the seat and got mildewed when our garage got wet one time) and I didn't want it as a booster. Would have been perfect to turn in.

codex57
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Is 20% that great a deal? Around here, tax is almost 10%. I'd rather sell/give the item away and buy from an internet store than to do the trade in for the most part.

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I actually don't care about the discount. I'm looking at it simply as an easy way to discard expired carseats b/c I seem to never manage to get around to properly destroying and disposing of them.

Beth

ellies mom
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
:yeahthat:

I've got two near expired seats and I need two new seats for Audrey. So that is win-win for us. Plus our closest BRU is in Oregon and they don't have sales tax. Now to see if we can budget two seats by then.

GaPeach_in_Ca
08-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I would love to turn in my Peg Perego infant seat, but it's not on the list. :(

ett
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I would love to turn in my Peg Perego infant seat, but it's not on the list. :(

I think you can still turn it in. You just can't get another Peg Perego.

KrisM
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Think they'd take a Wizard without a cover? I was going to ebay the cover and distroy the seat. It doesn't expire until next year, but it's an extra at this point and since it is so close to expiring, it's not ever going to be needed again here.

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I was thinking about turning my RA in without a cover. I wonder too if it will be accepted.

Beth

GaPeach_in_Ca
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I think you can still turn it in. You just can't get another Peg Perego.

Oh, good point! I misread it! I think I might just do this. Thanks! :)

wellyes
08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I'd have no hesitate about turning in used car seats. Wonder what they will do with them? (I'm guessing landfill - but that's where they'd end up anyway, may as well get a coupon out of it!)