PDA

View Full Version : Any competitive athletes out there??

newg
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Before DD was born I was a competitive tennis player: played in college and then continued to compete and teach tennis 'till the end of the summer when I got prego....
.....I had to stop playing even for fun about three/four months in because it didn't feel right to be twisting so much...

....so since DD was born I've only played a handful of times; a far cry from what I use to do!!
I'm just having a hard time making it work....I know I need "me" time....but the time I would want to invest to really start competing seems like too much "me" time; plus what to do with DD!!!

So are there any other moms out there who have found a way to stay competitive in a sport they love, while still being a good mama and wife??

TIA!!

megs4413
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
if you figure it out, let me know. if i hadn't left college my senior year to have a baby, i'd have still been playing volleyball.....my life is very different without sports in it and i have yet to find a real solution. working out is great, but i like to compete....

so i'm absolutely no help! I empathize, though! LOL!

sentini
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I get my competitive itch scratched by doing CrossFit. We compete against eachother and against ourselves...
Check it out : www.crossfit.com

The crossfit gym I go to has a great family atmosphere. (well, a lot of the people there are my family members and friends, etc). Everybody takes turns taking care of kids. We are going to start the CrossFit Kids program soon.
If there is a CrossFit gym around where you live, consider trying it out. They are unconventional gyms with a complete fitness focus - no frills, all action.