PDA

View Full Version : Call to Action re: Kraft Foods

Bens Momma
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I came across this info while reading some Feingold info. If you have Kraft Foods products (as most of us do) in your home, you need to read the link. Please consider adding your name to the petition, it only takes a couple minutes. It outrages me that the US products are not as safe and pure as those distributed elsewhere in the world. Here is a small excerpt:

Keep those chemicals out of our mac and cheese!

in 2008, Kraft removed artificial colorings, like yellow #5, and chemical sweeteners, like aspartame, from the products that they distribute in Europe, Australia, and other developed countries due to consumer concern over scientific studies that link these synthetic ingredients to hyperactivity and asthma in children. But, they haven’t done the same thing here in the U.S.

Send a letter to Kraft requesting they remove these same ingredients from their products here. It's time that Kraft value our children as highly as they value the children in other countries!

http://www.alphamom.com/mmb/2009/08/call_to_action_sign_petition_t.php

katydid1971
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Did it. FWIW the US is always the LAST country to ban ingredients that most European countries find to be dangerous to our health. That is why so many here on this board go out of our way and to a lot of expense to get better quaility food for our kids. But it is also important that we protect children who's parents can't or don't know to do that. Thanks for the link.

shoxie
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Thx for posting - I just sent a letter.

JBaxter
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
We are a feingold family. I havent bought Kraft anything in 2yrs. There are many alternatives.

LexyLou
08-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Thank you for posting this. I sent a letter.

scmama
08-28-2009, 12:20 AM
That is why so many here on this board go out of our way and to a lot of expense to get better quaility food for our kids. But it is also important that we protect children who's parents can't or don't know to do that. Thanks for the link.

:yeahthat:

Thank you for posting this!

Bens Momma
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes, since we are a Feingold family I don't think we've purchased any Kraft products in the past 1.5 years. Without going into too much detail, Feingold has done wonders for DS and our whole family! I'm an avid label reader and buy organic as much as possible. We love many of the Annies Homegrown products which have replaced many of the mac n cheese, crackers, goldfish, etc. I think many of us on here are "aware" but it outrages me that the US is so far behind the times with this info and regulations. Kraft is a HUGELY popular brand for tons of foods, especially for kids, and unfortunately much of the public doesn't now the adverse effects of dyes, preservatives, etc. Thanks for taking the time to respond to Kraft, it's a start and a way to help those parents and kids who are less informed.

MamaKath
08-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Did it. FWIW the US is always the LAST country to ban ingredients that most European countries find to be dangerous to our health. That is why so many here on this board go out of our way and to a lot of expense to get better quaility food for our kids. But it is also important that we protect children who's parents can't or don't know to do that. Thanks for the link.
This is sad but true! Living in the DC area and meeting people working for the FDA you would be shocked at what they don't eat! Our country has a long way to go to insure that the food is safe. Some simple changes would make us healthier as a nation without lots of other interventions.

MamaKath
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes, since we are a Feingold family I don't think we've purchased any Kraft products in the past 1.5 years. Without going into too much detail, Feingold has done wonders for DS and our whole family! I'm an avid label reader and buy organic as much as possible. We love many of the Annies Homegrown products which have replaced many of the mac n cheese, crackers, goldfish, etc.
Feingold here too! DH and I were just saying the other day what a difference it has made for our whole family. DS will tell people "I can't have that I am allergic to food dye." Recently a woman looked at him and said "All people are, you are just smart enough to realize it!" :D Made all our days, lol! :ROTFLMAO: Dh has been reading "Magnificant Mind at Any Age" by Dr. Daniel Amen which has also been very helpful!

JBaxter
08-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Nathan calls it CRAZY food. He pipes right up and says I cant have that it makes me act all crazy and I get in LOTS of trouble.

edurnemk
10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Even though we don't usually buy kraft foods or other processed foods, I sent an email to the company a month ago, and I got this response today, basically saying the ingredients are legal, so they're staying that way:

Dear Valued Consumer,

We received your recent e-mail about our Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

We completely understand that as a parent, nothing is more important than your family's health and well-being. That is one reason Kraft Foods is so dedicated to making the safety and quality of our products our top priority.

So that is why we follow the guidelines of government agencies that are responsible for the safety of our food. In the United States, Kraft Foods only uses ingredients that have been recognized as safe for food use in accordance with U.S. Food & Drug Administration regulations. We will continue to use the current ingredients, which are recognized as safe.

Our products around the globe are different to reflect local preferences and tastes. Yet we use the same standards to select ingredients, always putting safety first.

We know some people prefer products made without artificial ingredients so we now offer more choices. For products with no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors, you might want to consider Kraft Organic Macaroni & Cheese in White Cheddar or some of the Macaroni & Cheese dinner options in our Back to Nature line. We hope you'll give them - and some of our other Back to Nature products - a try.

Just so you know, our Macaroni & Cheese products are sold primarily in the United States and Canada. Although we have a variation of pasta and cheese products in Scotland/northern England and Australia, neither has made any changes to their recipe since 2006.

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Your views on our products are very important to us and we take them to heart.

Sincerely,

Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations

Swimfreak78
10-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I just sent a note along as well - maybe if the get enough people sending in notes along with non-purchasing of products they'll reconsider.