PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Comforters/Duvets

kboyle
08-28-2009, 06:52 PM
The other Ikea "must haves" thread reminded me that I wanted to plan a trip (luckily only an hr away) to Ikea before winter hits to get us all new comforters & pillows for us and the boys.

There are so many different names i don't know which one to choose...what do you suggest or what do you have for your kids? i don't know if i should get a light or med weight, up until now they've just slept with their blankies, no real big blanket or comforter, so they aren't real freeze-babies at night.

also, is there any names of specific duvets that you like. we've had several duvets for our master bed down comforters, but they always seem to slip or bunch to the bottom...i hate that so we never use them.

i'd like the kids comforters to be washable, down or synthetic is fine, whichever, i'll probably get what ever is suggested :) i don't want to get something too pricey for the kids, but nothing cheapy either. ern is still in diapers and then will be pl'ing so i would get peed on often, lol.

thanks in advance!

GaPeach_in_Ca
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
We have 2 for my sons' room. They are Mysa Ronn, level 4, down. We've had the full size one for more than a year and we are really happy with it. We got a bunk recently (twin over full) and bought the same one in twin for the top.

Mysa Ronn (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60133498)

kboyle
08-28-2009, 07:45 PM
thanks :) that's the one i had eyed first...have you washed it yet? washing machine or dry cleaner? our down comforter is king so we HAVE to take to dry cleaners, i've tried machine washing our queen, but it got too heavy and big for the machine.

wellyes
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
How old does a child have to be before you can consider a duvet? (Not hijacking, I hope this is on topic!!)

Melaine
08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
:popc1:
Thanks for starting this thread. I was about to ask almost the exact same question. My girls are also sleeping with throw blankets and need something better for fall/winter. And I never quite understand the whole concept of duvets and covers; we have also had the bunching issue in the past.

C99
08-29-2009, 12:43 AM
How old does a child have to be before you can consider a duvet? (Not hijacking, I hope this is on topic!!)

I started with the baby quilt & cover when my kids were around 15 months.

kboyle
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
forgot i started this thread, oops!

honestly, my boys all had a blanket of some sort in their beds/cribs around 6-8mos, as soon as they could stand in their cribs. they were all swaddled and when they could stand they started walking around like penguins in their cribs still slightly swaddled, so once they untangled they had a blanket in with them.

thanks for the suggestion on the comforter, i plan on getting the mysa ronn...i still have to go check out it's fluffiness, but i think it'll work.

GaPeach_in_Ca
09-03-2009, 04:49 PM
thanks :) that's the one i had eyed first...have you washed it yet? washing machine or dry cleaner?

I have not washed the actual duvet, only the cover. :bag

So far it has escaped any accidents!

kransden
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
I find their fabric scratchy.