PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Enchiladas - want to share

KrisM
08-28-2009, 08:12 PM
My friend gave me this recipe and I made it tonight. It's really easy and tastes great!

Chicken Enchiladas

1 chicken breast half, shredded
1 large jar salsa with ½ cup reserved
1 bag Monterey jack cheese with ¼ cup reserved
1 large can red enchilada sauce, reserve half
1 package cream cheese
1 package Tortillas

Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Use large spoon to fill tortillas and roll. Place in a 13x9 baking pan. Top with reserved ingredients. Bake 30 min in 350 degree oven. Serve with sour cream.

I did the chicken in the crock pot - 3 chicken breasts and covered with broth for about 3 hours. That made the chicken nice and easy as well.

DietCokeLover
08-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Thank you for sharing. I might have to give that one a try.

etaylor75
08-29-2009, 12:12 PM
This is almost exactly how I make them...I also do the chicken in the crockpot, I usually double it and we use the chicken for quesadillas/ nachos.

It's really good with green tomatillo sauce too!
Erin

Melbel
08-29-2009, 03:12 PM
We also use rotisserie chicken which is easy and tastes great!

ohiomom1121
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for sharing this...made it for dinner and it was delicious!!! DD kept saying how good it was (of course I had to make a few special ones without chicken for her because she won't eat it). DH loved it too-definitely a keeper. I used Jack's Special Garden Salsa which is my favorite and I think it gave them great flavor! I did the chicken in the crock pot too...I put them in chicken broth frozen for 4 hrs. and it worked great.

Claki
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I have never considered prepping the chicken in the crockpot! I always cook it in the oven, then cook the sauce, then assemble, then bake. This recipe might change my life!

KrisM
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm glad people like it! I do think the crockpot chicken makes a huge difference. I tried boiling it before and it wasn't as tasty.