PDA

View Full Version : Ever look at a word you spelled and think, am I nuts?

Nooknookmom
08-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I did this twice today, I can't seem to spell occasionally or polish (nail) correctly. I keep looking at them thinking, "am I nuts, or is that spelled right?". Polish, looks like Polish (the nationality) to me today! I do this with vacuum too.

Ahh, well, maybe I am crazy!!!

kristenk
08-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I still remember one day when words starting with "th" or "wh" just didn't look right. It was about 20 years ago and I still remember how puzzled I felt because the words just didn't make sense the way they were (properly) spelled.

gatorsmom
08-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I used to be sooo good about spelling words. I could just visualize it and know if it was spelled right or not. But I'm definitely crazy because I look at words I use daily and often I doubt myself. But most of the time I just blame it on being spread too thin and sleep deprivation. ;)

jgenie
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes, there are days that simple words look funny to me and I admit to typing them into Word to check them. :)

elektra
08-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I can never spell "gauge" right. I had to look it up just now! Or "misspell".
My boss does not differentiate between "then" and "than". He uses "than" for everything. So annoying and I don't have the cojones to correct him.

Nooknookmom
08-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Okeedoke, I feel better now!!! ;)