PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Bumbleride Indie Twin?

suddenlyseeingtwo
08-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm a soon-to-be suburban mom (ETA December) and we're looking into the best stroller for twins. Has anyone tried the Bumbleride Indie Twin? What I like about it is that it seems to be a great combination of an activity stroller (big wheels, my hubby can take them on the occasional jog with it), it has a HUGE basket, and looks very user-friendly and comfortable. The drawbacks, as far as I see it is that it doesn't fold all too compactly (does it take up your entire trunk??)...but that's all I've got.
For those twin mom's out there-how helpful is it to have side my side basinets on your stroller? I think it may be possible to get the Bumbleride Indie Twin with two basinets...? Have you heard of a stroller called "first Wheels" from the UK? I hear that they just started importing them to the states- and I hear they're fantastic!!!

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!! We're looking for the best all-around stroller to meet our needs as an (hopefully!) active family, while still not taking up our entire trunk:-)

twowhat?
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM
How big is your trunk? What specifically do you see yourself using it for? Inside, outside, sidewalks only, grass, trails, etc?

Personally, I would wait on buying a stroller until after you've had the twins and get the double snap n go for now (and compatible car seats). Having twins is HARD, much harder than one can even imagine unless you've actually gone through it. The double snap n go will get you by (it's fine for grocery stores, malls, drs appts, and smooth sidewalks) for at least the first 6 months...probably even a year if you don't have huge babies. It enables you to transfer babies from car to stroller without waking them (trust me, this is NICE). It really gives you time to get a feel for what kind of stroller you'd like to have based on your new lifestyle with infant twins:) The price of the double snap n go (and you can get one used for half price on craigslist) is, in my opinion, worth paying in order to really figure out what stroller would best meet your needs so you don't fall into the trap of buying multiple strollers. Especially if you're really wanting THE ONE:)

The only reason I can see to recommend against a double snap n go to begin with is if you live in the city and must WALK everywhere...then you probably need a good all-terrain stroller.

Having said all that, the Baby Jogger city series double strollers are very popular on this board. The Mini double, which is impressively lightweight for a double if you plan to use it mostly for indoors or smooth sidewalks. The City Classic or Elite if you need an all-terrain (i.e. you go walking on bumpy sidewalks, dirt trails, etc.) or if your twins are larger (this is the other reason to wait...if you have really tall kids you have to take that into consideration when buying a stroller).

So it really all depends! But I would really encourage you to wait so that you can try out strollers in person with your twins, and so that you can further evaluate what kind of stroller you need if it will be THE ONE. Hope that helps!!

twowhat?
08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
And best wishes during your pregnancy. Having twins is great...it's a ride of a lifetime! You won't think so during the first 4-6 (or more!) months but really, it's fantastic:)

BeachBum
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I haven't actually seen the bumbleride IRL. But my advice is not to under estimate the PITA factor of a huge/ heavy stroller. With twins you will use your stroller so much more than you do with one baby. You just have to. Getting a beast in and out of your trunk is a huge part of your day. Seriously, it can take longer to get the stroller out and the kids in it than it can to do some of your errands.

We have a BJCMD for the car (love it) and a MBUD for outside.
(We loved the bassinet option on the MBUD for the first few months). When we were shopping a year ago the BRIT did not accommodate 2 bassinets.

We too used the SNG for the first few months (3 or 4), but walk outside a lot so I'm glad we had another option from the get go. But if you aren't going to be outside much at first, I do think that waiting to purchase is good advice.

HIU8
09-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't have twins, but I have at least 7 stroller so far (two are doubles). I would personally wait until after your babies are here. That way you can take them with you when you shop for a double (put them in it, try it out in the store etc...) and decide what type of double you want by how you plan to use it (for example, I had a different stroller for mall and quick trip use than for walks, outings etc..). I would buy a double snap n go to put the infant seats in (I know that was so much easier with just one baby). Just my 2 cents.

fivi2
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
How big is your trunk? What specifically do you see yourself using it for? Inside, outside, sidewalks only, grass, trails, etc?

Personally, I would wait on buying a stroller until after you've had the twins and get the double snap n go for now (and compatible car seats). Having twins is HARD, much harder than one can even imagine unless you've actually gone through it. The double snap n go will get you by (it's fine for grocery stores, malls, drs appts, and smooth sidewalks) for at least the first 6 months...probably even a year if you don't have huge babies. It enables you to transfer babies from car to stroller without waking them (trust me, this is NICE). It really gives you time to get a feel for what kind of stroller you'd like to have based on your new lifestyle with infant twins:) The price of the double snap n go (and you can get one used for half price on craigslist) is, in my opinion, worth paying in order to really figure out what stroller would best meet your needs so you don't fall into the trap of buying multiple strollers. Especially if you're really wanting THE ONE:)

The only reason I can see to recommend against a double snap n go to begin with is if you live in the city and must WALK everywhere...then you probably need a good all-terrain stroller.

Having said all that, the Baby Jogger city series double strollers are very popular on this board. The Mini double, which is impressively lightweight for a double if you plan to use it mostly for indoors or smooth sidewalks. The City Classic or Elite if you need an all-terrain (i.e. you go walking on bumpy sidewalks, dirt trails, etc.) or if your twins are larger (this is the other reason to wait...if you have really tall kids you have to take that into consideration when buying a stroller).

So it really all depends! But I would really encourage you to wait so that you can try out strollers in person with your twins, and so that you can further evaluate what kind of stroller you need if it will be THE ONE. Hope that helps!!

:yeahthat:
we ended up with the baby jogger classic (the only option at the time), but I don't regret having the double snap and go in the beginning.

k_null81
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
We have a baby jogger city elite and so far we love it! It's heavy but you can't beat the fold, shades, the air tires, and the adjustable handle bar. We also have a double snap and go but have only used it maybe twice and we recently took the infant car seats back so now we have no need for the snap and go.

Searching for a stroller is a lot of work! Especially for twins. The options are more limited.

hemerick
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi. I have the Bumbleride Indie Twin for my 6 month old girls. It is by far the best thing we bought for our twins. Here is what I like about it:

It is the same width as a wheelchair so I can go anywhere that is ADA compliant. I have been in the narrowest aisles in stores with no problem.
It has the infant headrest, etc. so I was able to use it very early on.
The basket is fantastic. We can fit anything.
The ride is amazing. We live in the city and it is so smooth to push and turns on a dime.
It actually folds up pretty well considering that it is a twin stroller. I lift it in and out of the car by myself all of the time. My friends have a BOB and a Graco Duo and the Indie Twin is definitely lighter.

I do also have a snap n' go which I have used for trips to the grocery store, etc. or when I know they will be asleep when we get to where we are going. There is an attachment for the Bumbleride so that I can attach one car seat which is often all I need. For us, this has been the ideal twin stroller.