PDA

View Full Version : New FP swing already broken

bw52
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I just bought the FP Rainforest swing last week and this morning it will only swing SUPER slow if the music or mobile is turned on at the same time. Worked a little more normal if the swing was the only thing running, but I've had this swing less than a week! Is this common for RF swings? It woked fine for 4 days! I'm going to call the company tomorrow, but what do you think they'll do? I'm not even sure if it has a warranty. I bought it from Amazon, so there's no taking it back to the store. Plus, I'd really like it to be working. Dd LOVES it and it's the only break during the day I get! I need my swing!

MamaKath
08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I just bought the FP Rainforest swing last week and this morning it will only swing SUPER slow if the music or mobile is turned on at the same time. Worked a little more normal if the swing was the only thing running, but I've had this swing less than a week! Is this common for RF swings? It woked fine for 4 days! I'm going to call the company tomorrow, but what do you think they'll do? I'm not even sure if it has a warranty. I bought it from Amazon, so there's no taking it back to the store. Plus, I'd really like it to be working. Dd LOVES it and it's the only break during the day I get! I need my swing!
Fisher price is usually good to deal with (in my experience). Could it be the power source? Those things eat through batteries!

catsnkid
08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Check the batteries. If you use the thing a lot you will need news one like every 1-2 weeks.

veronica
08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Check the batteries. If you use the thing a lot you will need news one like every 1-2 weeks.
:yeahthat: We went through batteries weekly with ours when we used the swing/lights/music/mobile all at once.

DebbieJ
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I've heard that they have motor issues.

bw52
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
We're not using batteries. We've had it plugged in the whole time.

happymom
08-30-2009, 10:30 PM
I have the same swing and never had a problem with it. As a PP mentioned, FP has great customer service, so definitely give them a call. If the first person you speak to isnt helpful, ask for a supervisor or even just call back again so you can speak to someone else. I had a complaint about a FP bouncer- I called customer service and was told there was nothing they could do. I hung up, called again and was sent a voucher for the price of the bouncer so I could buy another one. I didnt even have to return the one I had (because it was a low-cost item).

Did you try switching outlets?

mom2beofboy/girltwins
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I had a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Bouncy Seat that was messed up. I called their customer service and they were really helpful. They said if they had had the part that was broken on mine they would just send it, but since they didn't, all they could do was replace the whole thing. My choice was to send the broken one to them and then they would mail me the replacement with no charge OR they could charge my CC for the new one, ship it immediately and then credit it back to me when they got my broken one (they would pay for the shipping to them). The second option was way better for me as I didn't want to give up my seat while I was waiting. Maybe they could do something like that for you. That way you could use yours in whatever hobbled capacity it will work in while the new one is on it's way. FWIW, we have 2 of those swings for our twins and used them almost constantly for 4 months (it was the only place they would sleep) and we haven't had any problems with them, so hopefully a new one would work fine.

bigpassport
08-31-2009, 12:29 AM
I got a hand-me-down Fisher Price Nature's Touch swing. I called customer service to get replacement seats. Long-ish story, but I found their customer service very helpful and responsible. I think you should call tomorrow. Good luck!