PDA

View Full Version : Luggage!

LD92599
08-30-2009, 10:40 PM
I bought a monster-sized rolling suitcase from Lands End figuring i'd be able to pack 3 of us for 1 week in it. Realistically, yes. However I weighed the suitcase and it was 69 pounds, so I had to split it up. In addition the suitcase was a beast on stairs, etc.

I'm re-thinking this now....i'm sure i can return it (it is Lands End afterall, and i'm not satisfied....). Should i get LL Bean rolling duffles? The large looks good and weighs 8 lbs empty vs 14 for the beast I bought. The Land End would be good for a road trip however that would mean in & out of the car, and it's HEAVY. And did i mention HUGE? The only advantage was the lime green on the baggage claim conveyer belt!

Laura

sdrew99
08-30-2009, 11:10 PM
We recently flew to Oregon and I ordered the LL Bean duffles in size large. They worked out awesome and we were able to stuff them with room to spare. And we didn't have weight problems. I originally ordered the LL Bean rolling duffle, but I found it to be kind of heavy and bulky - and since we often take road trips, I wanted to be able to stuff the duffles into a trunk, so I returned it.

LD92599
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
I noticed the weight difference between the regular and the wheeled, maybe If i order one w/ wheels and one regular one i'd be all set?

I don't think i'll have a problem returning the other one to Lands End! I also see that LE makes the lighthouse duffles too....i'll check those, but i hear such great reviews about the LL Bean ones!

hannah
08-30-2009, 11:15 PM
We too have the large LL Bean duffel bags (not the rolling ones). We have 2 (one red, one royal blue - both monagramed). We are able to pack for a family of 4 in the two bags when we go off for a week's vacation. We haven't had a weight problem either as the empty duffel is pretty light-weight.

sdrew99
08-30-2009, 11:15 PM
That's actually a good idea to have one of each. We didn't have too much trouble carrying ours, but I also used my 3 year old's stroller as a luggage carrier and stacked all of the duffles on it. :) I think my husband would have preferred to have one that rolled.

LBW
08-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Kipling! There's even an outlet at Woodbury. I love their luggage. It's super lightweight, comes in great colors, and you can choose from a mix of sizes and styles. I have a rolling trolley bad and a carry on that fits perfectly onto its handle.

You can see some of it here:

http://www.kipling-usa.com/family/index.jsp?cp=2999464&categoryId=2999642