PDA

View Full Version : best site to get labels?

newbiemom
08-30-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure where to post this. I'm wondering where's the best place to get name labels for my kids. I just need a few to label sippy cups and some food containers that they'll need to take to school - so they need to be durable and able to withstand constant washing.
Thanks!

TwinFoxes
08-31-2009, 06:49 AM
I've not had the need to use them yet, but others on the board talk about Mabel's Labels quite a bit. Do a search under "Mabel" and you'll probably find a thread.

boolady
08-31-2009, 09:03 AM
We've ordered from identitydirect.com for DD's school labels. Anytime I've checked, they're cheaper than Mabel's and also have packages that work better for us.

ilovetivo
08-31-2009, 09:05 AM
i also know about oliver's labels and they have tracking numbers on them, but have never ordered from anywhere. Still deciding.

hillview
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Love mabel's. They last and are fast.
/hillary

jamesmom
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
I ordered labels recently from Name Bubbles and really like them. I haven't used them yet though. We got a school combo pack from Mabels Labels last year, and they have all held up really well except for the shoe labels. The exterior covers were not included in my shipment so I didn't know I was supposed to use them to cover the shoe labels :(

I went with Name Bubbles this year because I wanted prettier labels and a better choice of colors. It also ended up being cheaper with the coupon code I found on retailmenot.com

Jo..
08-31-2009, 11:46 PM
ETA YUCK do not order from these people.

Just bought some from identity direct. Cute, and much cheaper than Mabel's, Stuck on You, etc.

http://www.identitydirect.com/

use code 41238 for $5 off $20

or

or code 41078 for free ship on any 2 or more items...

I wanted some labels for DS, and got some for DD while I was at it. Got a set of 30 labels for each kid for $18 shipped total, which isn't bad at all, compared to others.

AshleyAnn
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
My SIL swears by Mabel's labels. I haven't ordered mine yet (29 weeks - still no name) but her's have held up extremely well. She has them on EVERYTHING.

MontrealMum
09-01-2009, 12:24 AM
We are very happy w/Mabel's Labels. For us it's the top choice because they're w/in Canada, which just makes everything easier.

Snow mom
09-01-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm actually kind of disappointed in Mabel's after all the rave reviews I read here. I have to boil all of DDs bottles now due to thrush and after boiling them once the labels basically look like cr@p. I would think they should be able to handle it because they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. I'm thinking of sending them an e-mail about it today.

jess_g
09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I just bought a label maker at Staples last night. The labels look basic but its nice to be able to make the label say anything you want and its nice to just make one at a time as needed. Just thought I would add another option.

http://www.staples.com/Brother-PT-80-Label-Maker/product_636280?cmArea=SEARCH

Jessica.

mjmamma
09-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Just bought some from identity direct. Cute, and much cheaper than Mabel's, Stuck on You, etc.

http://www.identitydirect.com/

use code 41238 for $5 off $20

or

or code 41078 for free ship on any 2 or more items...

I wanted some labels for DS, and got some for DD while I was at it. Got a set of 30 labels for each kid for $18 shipped total, which isn't bad at all, compared to others.

Thanks Jo, I'm going to try these. Mabels is very limited in their styles for Tagmates and I want unisex, not the blue or raspberry offered.

Jo..
09-18-2009, 09:48 PM
This company is striking me as very shady, and I am about to file a cc dispute.

I placed an order for labels with spaceship icons for ds, and fairy icons for DD.

I got labels with text only, no icons/ pics.

Called the company and was told that I did not order icons.

I was like "um, I am looking at your emial confirmation right now, and yeah, I did".

I was told to email a sup with my forwarded confirmation, and that she'd get back to me.

36 hours later, nada.

Will NEVER do business with them again, and plan on getting a refund. i don't like how they tried to blame their mistake on me, and only backed down when I said I had the proof of what I ordered.

mjmamma
09-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm glad you at least received them. I received a shipping notice on 9/9 and I still haven't seen mine. I was about to call but noticed that it said to allow up to 15 days after shipping. I didn't order any w/icons but am hoping they'll come soon. Mabel's, from Canada, was quicker. I'll be happy if I receive what I ordered but you are 100% right. You know they have, or they very well should have, a copy of your original order.
Keep us posted, I'll do the same.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
09-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I actually just ordered some today from www.oliverslabels.com based on a recommendation from a past thread on a similar topic. Obviously I haven't tried them yet to attest to how well they held up, but I thought that their selection was really cute. They also have a tracking feature they'll add to your stuff for free if you want it.

WatchingThemGrow
09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm a Mabel fan. I just ordered more using a retailmenot code and scored some mabel moolah for another order. I need to check my stash and see what we should reorder/give as a gift.

We steam our bottles and although the label gets bumpy, it is still perfectly readable and still holding on for for the third child. Ooh. I guess I should change the name. DS2 should get bottles with his own name when he's at the nursery, right?

Mabels' CS is wonderful, btw.

mjmamma
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm glad you at least received them. I received a shipping notice on 9/9 and I still haven't seen mine. I was about to call but noticed that it said to allow up to 15 days after shipping. I didn't order any w/icons but am hoping they'll come soon. Mabel's, from Canada, was quicker. I'll be happy if I receive what I ordered but you are 100% right. You know they have, or they very well should have, a copy of your original order.
Keep us posted, I'll do the same.

Sometimes I'm so unobservant, it's scary. My labels arrived today, exactly as ordered. Too bad that when I ordered the Small Labels at 50mmx20mm I didn't realize that is almost 2 inches by 1 inch. Ugg. I also didn't realize they were coming from Australia, which is fine but does account for the long shipping time. And finally, I did order an icon and it's on there..on that huge, gigantic label, lol. I may just buy a label maker!

boolady
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM

I placed an order for labels with spaceship icons for ds, and fairy icons for DD.

I was like "um, I am looking at your emial confirmation right now, and yeah, I did".

I was told to email a sup with my forwarded confirmation, and that she'd get back to me.

36 hours later, nada.

Will NEVER do business with them again, and plan on getting a refund. i don't like how they tried to blame their mistake on me, and only backed down when I said I had the proof of what I ordered.

Hmm. I've never had a problem with ordering from them, but this doesn't sound good.

Ceepa
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Jo, I'm going to try these. Mabels is very limited in their styles for Tagmates and I want unisex, not the blue or raspberry offered.

Just wanted to say we ordered some ML with the raspberry print and it looks more like a dark maroon. I'd say completely gender-neutral. HTHS.

lhk777
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Which labels did you order?

I just placed an order with them last week.

One of the items I ordered was the Slimline Labels.
I picked an icon, but when it showed me the preview it said that Icons are not available for the Slimline labels.

On my emailed confirmation it showed the icon that I chose.

I'm just curious what my labels will look like.

DrSally
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM

36 hours later, nada.

THanks for the heads up. I was about to place an order...

mjmamma
09-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Just wanted to say we ordered some ML with the raspberry print and it looks more like a dark maroon. I'd say completely gender-neutral. HTHS.

It does thanks, I'll have to order some in a smaller size and maroon-like would be great.

I'm not sure if you were addressing me or Jo but I ordered the 'Small' vinyl labels. My order was 100% correct but I fail for paying attention.

Jo..
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Just wanted to add a warning: DO NOT order from Identity Direct. They are so shady. They sent me the wrong order TWICE (the first time they tried to say it was my error, but thankfully I saved the order confirmation email).

The second time I received the wrong labels, I just decided it's not worth the hassle.

They continue to SPAM my email box multiple times daily. Horrible, horrible company. Just say NO.