PDA

View Full Version : Waking with dinosaurs?

tlw
08-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Has anyone taken your child to this BBC sponsored event? It looks amazing, but I wonder if it's appropriate for 3 1/2 yo DS?

http://www.dinosaurlive.com/about-the-show/

HannaAddict
08-31-2009, 02:20 AM
It is amazing, it was worth the money. The age decision really depends on your child. It is intense, we didn't take my son the first year when he was not quite four since I thought it might be too much. At just turned five he LOVED it. But his younger sister went too and she was two and a half and LOVED it too. She is very outgoing and less upset by intense things/shows/etc. than he was at the same age. There were younger kids than mine at the show too. We were pretty close to the action and it really was amazing. You can find videos on YouTube of the show, maybe show some to your child and see if he seems frightened or worried at all. We did that before the show.

Dyonia
08-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Walking with Dinosaurs was awesome! We took DD (4.5 at the time) and saw plenty of younger ones there. If they come back to our area again, we would definitely go back. If your son is really into dinosaurs, I would definitely take him. With DD, we made sure she knew that they were really big puppets by showing her where the operators were inside. She was never scared, thoroughly enjoyed herself (as did we!), and would like to see the show again.