PDA

View Full Version : PSA - Little Tikes blue plastic toddler swing

KathyN115
08-31-2009, 08:59 AM
I know a lot of people have this swing:

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/2-in-1-snug-secure-swing.aspx

Last night, I was pushing DD in the swing, when suddenly one of the sides of the swing just fell down! DD was hanging upside down, swinging by the remaining side. Once I got her down and we both calmed down a little, I looked at the swing. It was not broken in any way, and neither was the swingset. The swing attached to the swingset via an S-type hook at the end of the ropes. Apparently this hook came undone from the swingset, because there is no clasp or any way to close it. OMG!!!!!! What a terrible design!

Thank goodness the swing was high enough that she didn't hit her head, and she was strapped in so she didn't fall out. But it was very scary! Of course, DD wanted to keep using the swing. I took some duct tape and taped around the S-hook, so there is no way for it to come off now. So please learn from our scary experience!

daisymommy
08-31-2009, 09:11 AM
ACK! Thats the one we have in our backyard right now! Thanks for the heads up on that !

shawnandangel
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM
How awful! I'm glad your DD is okay! Make sure you report this to the CPSC. `

sunshine873
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank God you had her buckled in & she's OK! Your heart must have jumped out of your chest!

Thank you so much for passing this on, I never would have thought that would have been a problem and I'm sure I have lots of swinging in my future over the next few years!

edurnemk
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
OMG! Thanks for the heads up. I actually wondered a lot about there not being a clasp on the hooks, but I figured it must be safe anyway... I'll do the duct tape thing right now.