PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching on TV this fall?

LBW
08-31-2009, 11:51 AM
I just watched Glee on Hulu, and I think I'm going to set my DVR to record it this fall. Are there any other new shows that you are excited about?

MMMommy
08-31-2009, 11:58 AM
DH and I watch A LOT of tv. For new shows, I plan on recording:

Melrose Place (campy and trashy, I know)
Glee (loved the pilot!)
The Beautiful Life (again, campy and trashy)
Flash Forward
The Forgotten (maybe, if the pilot is good)
Vampire Diaries (maybe)
Modern Family

Returning shows I'll record:

Gossip Girl
Fringe
Dollhouse
Heroes
CSI (Las Vegas)
The Mentalist
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Numb3rs
Smallville
Brothers & Sisters
Lie To Me
Burn Notice
Leverage
Project Runway
America's Next Top Model

Corie
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I always wait to see what my TV Guide recommends. They usually
don't steer me wrong.

There is a new show coming on this fall that looks like it might be funny.
Can't tell for sure though. I think it is called Modern Family. It has
the guy who used to play Al Bundy starring in it.

AnnieW625
08-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Prime Time drama must not miss:
Mad Men
The Mentalist
Bones

Other:
Top Gear (BBC America)
Sunday Night Football (and pretty much all football including NFL and NCAA)
World Series (esp. if the Angels make it to the playoffs!)

Reality:
Dancing with the Stars (DD loves this:))
Project Runway
Top Chef: Las Vegas
Dog The Bounty Hunter

New shows that look promising:
Modern Family
Accidently on Purpose (this looks kind of cute and I like Jenna Elfman)
The Good Wife
NCIS: Los Angeles (never got into the original so I thought I might give this one a try)
Glee (this will most likely get Tivo'd)

Xing my fingers that we'll get some new eps. of:
Dirty Jobs

MMMommy
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
I always wait to see what my TV Guide recommends. They usually
don't steer me wrong.

There is a new show coming on this fall that looks like it might be funny.
Can't tell for sure though. I think it is called Modern Family. It has
the guy who used to play Al Bundy starring in it.

So right about this show looking funny. Need to add that to my list. Did you see the one with the dad singing High School Musical songs and trying to act "cool?" Hilarious.

Corie
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
So right about this show looking funny. Need to add that to my list. Did you see the one with the dad singing High School Musical songs and trying to act "cool?" Hilarious.

Yes! My husband looked at ME and said, "That is so you."

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone else into Nurse Jackie? Love!

wellyes
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
They're remaking V (old sci-fi miniseries) into a weekly show. Remember V?

I bet the younger posters are like "Is that the letter V or the roman numeral 5?" I remember the pivotal moment of that miniseries like it just happened! I was like "OMG" before we had "OMG" LOL. I guess I was just the right age when it was on.

Laurel
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll DVR:
Gossip Girl
Glee
Grey's Anatomy
30 Rock/The Office
Friday Night Lights
Whatever new shows have "buzz"
Lots of trashy reality
Jon Stewart/Colbert

We don't get HBO, Showtime, etc. so I miss some of the really good shows and get them on DVD when they come out.

rlu
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I want to try Glee and am hoping Stargate Universe is good. Is the Amanda Tapping show coming back?

We don't pick up too many series but the ones we do watch are
In Plain Sight
Leverage
Warehouse 13
Dollhouse
Survivor
Dancing with the Stars (maybe, DH not into it)

We watch a lot of shows on demand, since we watch NFL and NHL (soon!) games live. We don't get HBO or any of those type of cable channels. Basic cable, just a level up to get the hockey games.

I remember V and the twin babies scene specifically. I'm normally a sci-fi fan, but that show was not a fav.

eta: how could I forget Bones? And, I'm trying to catch Project Runway but DH is not a fan - need to see if On Demand. Also, trying to catch Making Over America (love Susannah and Trinny) but keep missing it.

kayte
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
More shows than we have in the past....

Top Gear
Grey's Anatomy (but depending on how it goes without Izzy and george we may bail pretty early in the season)
Big Bang Theory (we just got hooked watching that this summer)
Fringe
Dexter

And Lost whenever that returns

Dang--that's a lot for us! Especially considering football. Our tv is usually only on a few hours a week--so it will be a big change.

Puddy73
08-31-2009, 02:17 PM
House
Office
30 Rock
How I Met Your Mother

fivi2
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
The only new one I can think of is Flash Forward.

returning -
Bones
House
Lost
Eureka/Psych/Burn Notice/Warehouse 13 (odd seasons)
Fringe
Dollhouse
Lie To Me

maybe start The Mentalist - we saw some reruns this summer, so might start it.

I feel like I am forgetting something...?

wellyes
08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
No one else watches Supernatural? Those boys are so pretty, plus sometimes there are monsters.

AnnieW625
08-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Forgot to add Friday Night Lights, but I won't get to watch that until the spring because we don't have DirecTV! I also want to start watching Lie to Me.

TwinFoxes
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I Tivo tons, but don't have time to watch anymore. I watch more TV on the computer than on the set. New shows that look good:

Flash Forward - I think it's a terrific and original premise!
Modern Family - looks funny
Community - I love Joel McHale from "The Soup"
LA NCIS - I hate the the whole CSI/NCIS genre, I find them overly violent, and more than a little mysoginistic (how many ways are there to kill unsuspecting women??). But...I have the hots for LL Cool J. And I love his song "Goin back to Cali" they're using in the commercials. So I may get off my high horse and watch ;)

I didn't love the "Glee" pilot like every one else seems to. I thought it was just OK, but plan to give it a chance.

Jenna Elfman would have to send me checks on a regular basis before I watch "Accidentally on Purpose".

fivi2
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
No one else watches Supernatural? Those boys are so pretty, plus sometimes there are monsters.

We just Netflixed the first two seasons. I may dvr this season, but we still have 3 and 4 to netflix before we are caught up.

I LOVED season 1. I wondered why I had never watched it before. It was funny, scary, fast paced - great.

Then came season 2. I was very disappointed. It was so whiny and angsty and slow and blah.

So, now I am a little worried about the rest. DH only saw season 2 (I watched season 1 while he was on a long work assignment out of town). He doesn't believe me that season 1 was so much lighter :)

But, we will probably watch the other seasons! (That was all way too much info!)

alien_host
08-31-2009, 03:16 PM

I totally remember V....what network? I'm intrigued!

alien_host
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I think I watch too much tv! I know I'm forgetting a few...

Reality:
Survivor
Amazing Race

Drama/Comedy:
Grey's Anatomy
Brothers and Sisters
Desperate Housewives
Lost
How I Met Your Mother
Accidentally on Purpose might be cute

Melrose Place...I saw a billboard for this but I'm not sure I'll watch, I attempted the New 90210 and it wasn't the same as the old days. I'm feeling like MP will be the same.

AngelaS
08-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Mine's a short list:

NCIS
the new NCIS show

Fairy
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM

I bet the younger posters are like "Is that the letter V or the roman numeral 5?" I remember the pivotal moment of that miniseries like it just happened! I was like "OMG" before we had "OMG" LOL. I guess I was just the right age when it was on.

Oh, I'm in for V. It's going to be AWESOME. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't WAIT!

Fairy
08-31-2009, 03:51 PM
I watch so much TV that I've had to drop shows and cut down entirely. So, of the ones I'm still watching and the ones I'm going to try:

MONDAY
Big Bang Theory (FLOVE)
Dancing (Go Donny!! Go Debi!!)

TUESDAY
The Good Wife
I may start watching Biggest Loser

WEDNESDAY
SVU

THURSDAY
This is a real mess. I don't have enough DVR's for this day
Survivor
CSI
Flash Forward
Vampire Diaries
The Office

FRIDAY
Ugly Betty (that they moved this to the death slot does not bode well)
Medium
Ghost Whisperer
Law & Order
Whatever might be on USA

SATURDAY
SNL is about it.

SUNDAY
Another nightmare.
Desperate Housewives
Simpsons
Family Guy
probably Cleveland
Whatever's on HBO, I'm sure
Whatever might be on USA

OTHER STUFF WHENEVER IT'S RETURNING
V
Lost
Heroes (I'm still hangin gin there)
Psych
True Blood (well, not sure when season 3 is)

alien_host
08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Fairy I'm laughing at your list b/c I should have done it by date too! My Thusday and Sundays are also jam packed...I might need a third DVR!

ETA: Is Big Love due back sometime?

C99
08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Mad Men, Project Runway, Gossip Girl, 90210 and Grey's Anatomy.

Fairy
08-31-2009, 04:34 PM

You had to tell me this? You had to go and remind me of this show I'd let slip off my radar?! Aaargh! Thank you...

infomama
08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Rescue Me
House
Offiice
30 Rock
Community looks funny so perhaps

kayte
08-31-2009, 04:55 PM

Not until next summer. They just started filming this month.

Anyone know if they will rerun season three any time soon? How does HBO do reruns (besides right before the new season airs)?

alien_host
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Not until next summer. They just started filming this month.

Anyone know if they will rerun season three any time soon? How does HBO do reruns (besides right before the new season airs)?

Next summer really? OK, good for the DVR.

Do you have "on-demand"? They might run a marathon at some point.

bigpassport
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Community - I love Joel McHale from "The Soup"

:yeahthat:
+
Glee
Heroes
Grey's Anatomy

MMMommy
08-31-2009, 05:07 PM
My list is even longer than what I originally posted. Forgot to put down:

The Office
Eureka
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
Top Chef (current and future seasons!)
Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
Greek
Sons of Anarchy

saschalicks
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM

OMG I OWN the miniseries on DVD, that's how much I loved this. I'm disappointed and excited for the new show. So, I'm an oldy who definitely remembers that.

Melaine
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
The Big Bang Theory, The Office and How I Met Your Mother, but we haven't really looked at the new lineup.

I kind of lost interest in Dollhouse....should I give it another chance?

JenChem
08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
I think I'd watch more TV if I wasn't so addicted to WoW at night. As it is, I make an effort to catch So You Think You Can Dance, Project Runway, Dancing With the Stars, and Fringe. I'm thinking of watching Glee, we'll see if I catch it. I loved Castle last season, I need to see if they are renewing it.

Fairy
08-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Totally forgot about Dollhouse. Sign me up for that, too.

fivi2
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
The Big Bang Theory, The Office and How I Met Your Mother, but we haven't really looked at the new lineup.

I kind of lost interest in Dollhouse....should I give it another chance?

I thought Dollhouse got WAY better the second half of the season. I am definitely giving it another chance.

However, don't bother watching the unaired episode on the dvd release. I thought it was terrible. (we netflixed it)

alien_host
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Ack, I totally forgot about stuff I like to catch on Discovery, TLC and Food Network

Deadliest Catch
Cake Boss
Dinner Impossible
Ace of Cakes

mama2g03
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Only a few:

Top Chef
Dexter
Office
Cake Boss

I, for one, am glad to see that no one had Jon and Kate Plus Eight on the list. I wish that train wreck would get canceled.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
MONDAY
Bones?

TUESDAY
Rescue Me (when in season)
90210?

WEDNESDAY
SVU Special Victims

THURSDAY
Grey's
Private Practice
OR
NBC Office/ 30 Rock

FRIDAY
Not Sure

SATURDAY
Not Sure

SUNDAY

Desperate Housewives AKA The B!7@hes, is how DH and I refer to it.

gatorsmom
08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Wow. I have not heard of most of these shows you guys are mentioning. We record House and I occasionally watch that. But I have to say I'm completely, utterly sucked in by season 2 of Trueblood on HBO. I look forward to it every Sunday night. I even beg and barter with DH (which he loves) to put the kids to bed for me so I can see the absolute first showing (even though we record it and I watch it again later). The season finale is in 2 weeks and then the next season won't begin until NEXT SUMMER! :crying:

Maybe the new season of BIG LOVE will be out before then. Loved that too.

vludmilla
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
I'll watch 30 Rock and the Office.
I'll have to check out the V series...if it is on broadcast tv, I don't have cable.

wellyes
09-01-2009, 10:18 AM
V will be on ABC. It has some familiar names in the cast .... Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet from "Lost"), Morena Baccarin (Inara from "Firefly"), Scott Wolf (Bailey from "Party of Five") and Morris Chestnut (from many movies) were the names I recognized.

The showrunner, really the most important person in a scifi show, has producing credits for the X-Files and Angel and Alias.

Sounds promising!

alien_host
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
V will be on ABC. It has some familiar names in the cast .... Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet from "Lost"), Morena Baccarin (Inara from "Firefly"), Scott Wolf (Bailey from "Party of Five") and Morris Chestnut (from many movies) were the names I recognized.

The showrunner, really the most important person in a scifi show, has producing credits for the X-Files and Angel and Alias.

Sounds promising!

Ok, I'll watch for Elizabeth Mitchell and Scott Wolf....I was watching The Nine (?) (the bank robbery show) which Scott Wolf was in, but it got cancelled. I miss Party of Five!

hellbennt
09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
just saw a billboard today w/ courtney cox?
anyone know what it is?

I love tv!
has two & 1/2 men been listed?
(:bag I also watch secret life of the american teenager...I'm all about Molly:love-retry:)

I want to check out Glee and Greek...

I also watch a lot of what's been listed...
can't wait for Bones!

wellyes
09-02-2009, 08:20 PM
just saw a billboard today w/ courtney cox?
anyone know what it is?Sitcom called "Cougartown"...... cougar in the "hot 40ish woman on the prowl" sense.

For someone who recently proudly posted that I watch so little TV, I am on this thread WAAAAY too much :bag

Corie
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Okay, I got my new TV Guide in the mail. It's the Fall Preview issue.
Here is my tentative schedule.

MONDAY-

Castle

TUESDAY-

The Good Wife
NCIS: Los Angeles?

WEDNESDAY-

The New Adventures of Old Christine
The Middle (new show with Patricia Heaton)
Modern Family (new show)

THURSDAY-

Project Runway
Grey's Anatomy
Fringe
The Mentalist
Community (new show with Chevy Chase)

FRIDAY-

Medium

SUNDAY-

Desperate Housewives (although I am losing interest fast!)
The Amazing Race

sfmom
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Awesome! I hadn't heard that they're remaking it. I love your post LOL. I loved V, even though I was WAY to young to be watching it. I would so watch it. Now this post makes me feel old...just kidding.