PDA

View Full Version : Over pregnant and hot - vent

longstocking
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Seriously just need a woe is me vent.
I am 42 weeks pregnant. That's bad enough in and of itself. I won't even answer my phone anymore I am so sick of people calling to see if I'm still pregnant!
We are having a heat wave here in So. CA - okay - 105 - that's really obnoxious. Especially when the only A/C we have is a small wall unit in the living room and it doesn't filter anywhere else so sleeping in the bedrooms is impossible.
Lets add to it the fact that we are surrounded within a mile of a major fire. I am so sick and gagging with all the ash and smoke. This makes it all the worse because we can't open our windows to try for a little breeze (ha ha) and if I turn on the AC it blows in a ton of ash (which already covers our apt as it is).
I am looking forward to being in the hospital! Besides the fact that it means I won't be pregnant anymore - it also means A/C and clean air to breath - ahhh -
I seriously wonder if my body even knows how to go into labor!
I have a Dr appointment today, we'll see what the verdict is. Trying to look at the positive side and realize that it's highly unlikely the Dr will think it's a good idea for me to be pregnant much longer so at least I know I will more than likely be deflated and popped this week :yay:
Ok - thank you - tangent over

elliput
08-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Ack! Lots of labor vibes headed your way! :hug:

AnnieW625
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Go use an exercise ball or do some yoga. Good luck and I hope your baby comes soon. We live 20 to 25 miles south of you and we could see one of the Canyon fires over Arcadia on Saturday night when we were driving up our main drag!

ourbabygirl
08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Good luck! I'm sure it will happen soon, one way or another ;)! Could you go for a walk when it's dusk and cooler out? I think that helped get things going for me...

Keep us posted!

SnuggleBuggles
08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
That is very rough! I went to 42 weeks with ds1 and while it was miserably hot and humid (June in North Carolina), I didn't have it near as bad as you! Sending lots of labor vibes your way!!!

Do you have a plan for after the birth? Just wondering if your home is going to be comfortable for everyone with a newborn in the mix.

Beth

shawnandangel
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Yuck! I feel for you. I hope everything went well at your Dr. appointment. Keep us updated! I can't wait to hear the birth story.

maydaymommy
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Good luck!
No complaining coming from me, at 37wks 5 days, on a cool northeast day.

BabyMine
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I was that way last year. Sending TONS of labor vibes.

ErinMC
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
That sounds absolutely miserable. Sending lots of labor vibes your way!

StantonHyde
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
ok, the only silver lining I can find is that you don't have a toddler running around.

Seriously, just lay there naked in front of the ac you do have. Or go to the bookstore and put your feet up on the table. NOBODY will say a word to you!!!

Here's hoping you go into labor or get induced in the next week!!

Tondi G
09-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Any chance you are a costco member and have a little extra money kicking around? They have those portable roll around air conditioner that can be moved from room to room. You might consider one since you'll be coming home with a newborn and getting sleep while you can will be so important!!!!

Hope your doctor helps you get things moving! If not I have a wonderful acupuncturist in studio city/N Hollywood that helped me get things kick started with #2!!!! I'd be happy to share her name and number.

This heat and these fires are killing me and I'm not preggo but I do have 2 kiddos who desperately wanted to get out to the water park and I refuse with the air quality like it is!

longstocking
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
actually I do have a 14 month old running around. Ha ha ha
Dr wants to induce me tomorrow (Wednesday). Not quite how I wanted things to go, but, YEAH! I am so excited to be done!
I am a little down though because my hubby won't be able to take any work off. Because of Labor day holidays coming up a lot of co-workers are out of town so they can't function without him. He's going to drop me off at the hospital - come over after work, or when I call him and tell him to get to the hospital NOW!
My MIL came into town yesterday so she can watch our other son. It's going to feel so lonely at the hospital without my husband. He won't even be able to pick me up to take me home on Friday - this probably sounds weird but that's the part I'm most bugged about. I have some fantasy about coming home a family of 4 with hubby carrying baby. Or something like that - weird I know. I just have this image of me in my head sitting out on the hospital curb, holding a brand new baby waiting for my husband - ha ha ha. Now, if this baby had come when he was supposed to, this wouldn't have been a problem! Hubby will be able to take not next week, but the week after off. As much as I love my MIL and I'm grateful she is here, it's just not the same as having daddy help me with the new baby, getting to know him together - sigh - life isn't perfect roses...guess you have to put up with the thorns. I have to remind myself of all the things I am grateful for.

elephantmeg
09-01-2009, 02:36 PM
oh, that's so sad. I'm glad your MIL can be there but I am so sorry your husband can't and I think it's awful that his work can't suck it up so he can be there for you. Huge hugs and hope tomorrow goes fabulous!

sunshine873
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm so terribly sorry that your DH's work isn't more supportive of his expanding family! How terrible for you! I don't want you to be in labor forever, but hopefully he'll be done with work and by your side by the time things start to get exciting!

On the bright side of things, tomorrow is your day! Good luck and enjoy that new baby!

P.S. If it's still that miserably hot by the time you guys come home from the hospital, I think you should look into a motel or some serious upgrade in AC. Comfort and sleep are going to be critical!