PDA

View Full Version : Buying a bounce house vs. renting one?

BigDog
08-31-2009, 02:34 PM
I was looking into buying a small bounce house for DS 2nd bday which is coming up - I like the Little Tikes Jump-n-Slide Bouncer from Walmart, it gets great reviews and it seems to be a decent price based on some quick research that I did. But I'm wondering if I should just rent one instead? Does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to rent one? If I buy one, I could definitely use it for years to come so I'm thinking that might be a better option. Any experience or feedback to share? TIA!

EllasMum
08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
I was at a birthday party recently and one of their guests had loaned them the Little Tykes bounce house. I overheard the owner saying that he went to rent one and it was going to cost about $250 (this is in Canada, so I can't vouch for what it would cost in the USA) to rent for one day. To purchase it new was $279.99 at TRU. Needless to say, he purchased it instead. He brings it to friends' houses for their birthday parties, sets it up in his own yard - he said he even sets it up in their basement on occasion. He said it was the best decision they ever made.