PDA

View Full Version : iMac users

MMEand1
08-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyone have problems with their Mighty mouse? I cannot get mine to scroll right. It will not go down, but goes up just fine. I have to go over to the side bar and pull each page down - very frustrating!!! Any ideas/thoughts?
THANKS!!!

TwinFoxes
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Have you tried cleaning it? When we were having problems we popped off the back and there was lint in there that was interfering I guess.

MMEand1
08-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Have you tried cleaning it? When we were having problems we popped off the back and there was lint in there that was interfering I guess.

How do you pop the back off? Mine looks like a single piece

TwinFoxes
08-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Mighty Mouse is the wireless one right? If you flip it over on it's back, underneath the Apple logo and the writing is a little button. Just pull that down toward the edge of the mouse, and the back pops off. I hope I'm describing it OK. Don't push the button in, but pull it down. It's how you would get to the batteries. (ETA: you probably haven't changed the batteries I'm guessing? Could that be the problem?)

Also, I was just on the Apple site, and saw this:

I went to the Apple store by my house today and talked to a guy about sending this mouse in for repair since I have only had it a few months. He said I needed an appointment, but he also said it was easily fixed. He advised me to clean the roller ball on the top with alcohol wipes or a q-tip soaked in alcohol.
I thought it wouldn't work but since I had to wait for my appointment to send it in to apple I tried it and cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol and a q-tip. I let it dry for five minutes and it works like new.
I am very pleased with the advice I got and just wanted to share with some of you who might be having the same problem.

MMEand1
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Mighty Mouse is the wireless one right? If you flip it over on it's back, underneath the Apple logo and the writing is a little button. Just pull that down toward the edge of the mouse, and the back pops off. I hope I'm describing it OK. Don't push the button in, but pull it down. It's how you would get to the batteries. (ETA: you probably haven't changed the batteries I'm guessing? Could that be the problem?)

Also, I was just on the Apple site, and saw this:

I went to the Apple store by my house today and talked to a guy about sending this mouse in for repair since I have only had it a few months. He said I needed an appointment, but he also said it was easily fixed. He advised me to clean the roller ball on the top with alcohol wipes or a q-tip soaked in alcohol.
I thought it wouldn't work but since I had to wait for my appointment to send it in to apple I tried it and cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol and a q-tip. I let it dry for five minutes and it works like new.
I am very pleased with the advice I got and just wanted to share with some of you who might be having the same problem.

So maybe it's not the mighty mouse - mine is not wireless. I don't have a button on back and don't know where I would find one in order to take it apart. UGH!!! It's making me CRAZY!!!

codex57
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow, how do you guys live with the mighty mouse? We had to replace the mouse with a normal two button one. Logitech makes a white one that matches.

gavsmompa
08-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Mine did this within days of purchasing the iMac. Called Apple and they sent me a new one. I don't know how old your iMac is but I would suggest calling them anyway. They have such great support and can give you tips. Hope it works out for you!

nellonello
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
We routinely have this issue and fix it with canned air.

truly scrumptious
08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Anyone have problems with their Mighty mouse? I cannot get mine to scroll right. It will not go down, but goes up just fine. I have to go over to the side bar and pull each page down - very frustrating!!! Any ideas/thoughts?
THANKS!!!

We had the same problem with our mouse a couple of times. We fixed it by flipping the mouse over on the mousepad and pressing down (so the scrolling ball is pressed down onto the mousepad) and rolling back and forth.
It worked every time.
Hope this helps!

Wow, how do you guys live with the mighty mouse? We had to replace the mouse with a normal two button one. Logitech makes a white one that matches.

You can set up the mighty mouse to act like a two-button mouse, so if you click on the left you get one set of options and on the right you get the right-click options. Works a charm. (I love it, but DH keeps pressing in the wrong place and getting the right-click menu when he means to left-click on something!)