PDA

View Full Version : Did you send back your Siggs?

SpaceGal
08-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I just mailed mine out last Wednesday and with delivery confirmation I know it go to them Friday. I was wondering who else sent them back and if you have heard anything. I'm curious to see how long they will take to process the requests or did we all just blindly send back bottles with no real proof that they will return us this credit they mentioned (sorry that's my skeptical side talking).

I figure it will probably take say 1-2 weeks for them to process the bottles they receive...according to them to make sure we sent back the ones we say are in the box and confirm that they are real Siggs and not fakes.

I figure depending on how the exchange works I might opt to get their stainless steel thermal containers rather than regular Siggs...but it all depends on the way the credit works I guess...not sure if they will only exchange bottle for bottle of the same size and what not.

I just thought we could keep tabs on how this whole return process pans out for those that do send back for an exchange.

BTW: I sent back 9 bottles (1-1.0L, 1-0.6L, 2-0.4L, 5-0.3L) no caps I kept those since they said I could save them to use on the new ones. I really do hope I can exchange for the thermal ones (assuming they just give me a credit I can use on the website). It would be perfect for carrying around DD's hot water since she HAS to have warm bottles...picky little thing!

deannanb
08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
did you send back the tops too or just the bottle?

MontrealMum
08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I am very interested to know if you're able to get the SS Siggs as an exchange for the regular old liner ones. Please keep us updated on that :)

At this point I'm keeping ours with the old liner because I'd rather have something that leaches "only a little" under certain circumstances, than the new liner which apparently chips off. We only have 3 like that, and they are all for adult use. We do have 2 of the SS thermal ones and LOVE them, so if I could get those instead, I'd be in. Unless it's a go on exchanging for the SS, it seems too complicated to do from Canada for me to deal with.

hollybloom24
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Sent mine back last Tuesday and haven't heard anything yet.

wellyes
08-31-2009, 07:20 PM
I had one but lost it ages ago.
But I will say I don't plan to ever buy Sigg again.
It's true what they say - once you lose the customer's trust, it is all over.

vludmilla
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I realize I must be late to the party...can someone tell me what this is about or direct me to the thread on it? TIA. I have a Sigg that I don't use and wouldn't mind replacing.

jerigirl
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
They are saying to keep your tops. Mail back just your bottles.

MamaMolly
08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
I realize I must be late to the party...can someone tell me what this is about or direct me to the thread on it? TIA. I have a Sigg that I don't use and wouldn't mind replacing.

:yeahthat: me too. Thanks!

jerigirl

One of many threads lately:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=333005&highlight=sigg%5C

wellyes
I realize I must be late to the party...can someone tell me what this is about or direct me to the thread on it? TIA.

The lining - the one that they assured everyone was safe but wouldn't reveal the formula for - turns out to contain BPA.

brittone2
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
and they are playing the semantics game of "we never said it didn't *contain* BPA. We said it didn't *leach* BPA."

LBW
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
I have bunch of bottles that I'm planning to return. What I'd like to do is drop them off since the address on the return label is ~45 minutes from my house. I have 9 bottles, so I expect shipping to be way more than I want to pay. I'm waiting to hear back from SIGG to find out if I can drive them down to the warehouse or whatever it is.

I do plan on replacing them with thermal bottles and food storage containers if we're allowed.

vludmilla
08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
and they are playing the semantics game of "we never said it didn't *contain* BPA. We said it didn't *leach* BPA."

Nice. I have a bunch of not so nice things to say that I will refrain from writing here. I'm glad we weren't using it.

vludmilla
08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
One of many threads lately:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=333005&highlight=sigg%5C

Thanks for finding that and linking to it!

LBW
09-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I just spoke to someone at Sigg USA. I cannot hand deliver my package of bottles to the warehouse b/c of insurance liabilities. Whatever. I understand, but I'm annoyed that I have to pay to ship the darn things.

I did ask how they were handling the return/exchange. She said that as bottles are delivered to the warehouse, the warehouse will add the details of each return to an Excel spreadsheet. This file gets delivered to Sigg USA, and they then generate a merchandise credit for the total amount. We can use the merchandise credit to order from their website. So, it sounds as if we'll be able to replace the bottles with the thermals, sports bottles, food storage containers, or whatever.

MamaMolly
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info...but well, CRAP! We just packed up the house (the reason I didn't catch the earlier thread) and won't see the contents for a good 4-6 months. And DD's sigg is in the mess somewhere. I think I'll just ditch it when I find it, at this point. What a PITA.

I'm just glad DH balked at the price but was willing to spend a bit less for the Thermos ones. That are SS and BPA frickin' frackin' free. Even if the crummy caps break if you happen drop it.

katydid1971
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I sent 4 back on friday and they were received yesterday at 8:30. They weren't that expensive to mail back even across country because you only mail back the bottles, they are pretty light. I haven't heard anything back from the company yet though.

wellyes
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Yes, this is what's annoying. I buy plenty of products from companies that have used BPAs -- it's not like I'm boycotting Gerber sippy cups. But Sigg was cagey about it in the past and aren't playing fair now either. No more Sigg for us.

ninaks
09-02-2009, 07:50 PM
For a few weeks www.thesoftlanding.com will give you 30% off a stainless steel bottle if you send in your Sigg and stainless steel doesn't have any BPA or chipping problems. you even get 20% even without sending your bottle in. I think it is worth a try. I think I will just go with the 20% since I don't have the desire to wrap up my Sigg to ship it back.