PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermaid Litterless juice boxes - difficult to drink from.

niccig
08-31-2009, 06:26 PM
I bought one Rubbermaid Litterless Juice box to try it out for DS's lunches. Sometimes it is easy to suck through the straw, and other times it is very difficult. I've tried all manner of ways of putting the straw into the lid, and which direction the angled end of the straw is facing - I've even trimmed the end of the straw as sometimes it's against the bottom of the juice box. Sometimes it's still easy to drink from, other times it is difficult. I took it apart and the straw sucks fine on it's own, but when put into the lid, it won't work.

Help. Is there something I am missing.

g-mama
08-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Ditto. I am so frustrated with mine. I even bought another one thinking I got a dud and it does the same thing. Hoping we get some answers!

Snow mom
08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
It's a vacuum suction problem. IIRC the juice box ones have a "vent" but it doesn't work. I have a larger straw bottle that isn't as bad (because it's a larger volume I guess) but I always loosen the lid a bit before drinking from it.

bubbaray
08-31-2009, 09:47 PM
You have to make sure that the exterior hard plastic part needs to be pushed all the way to the open position, especially when the cups are new. It gets easier when they are old...

Also, don't get the cheapo (but cute colored) ones at Walmart without a valve. They do not work AT ALL. Ask me how I know.

Clarity
08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Do you have these? http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd210003 We haven't been having any problems with ours...I thought that dd could use it without the straw too, though, but seems I might be wrong. They get iffy reviews but I like it so far.

niccig
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
You have to make sure that the exterior hard plastic part needs to be pushed all the way to the open position, especially when the cups are new. It gets easier when they are old...

:cheerleader1: We have a winner :cheerleader1:

Thank you Melissa, I was ready to toss the drink container.

The white plastic that is the continuation of the straw on the lid has to be flipped all the way open. DS and I were only pushing it until it was vertical and you couldn't suck from it. If you push it all the way open, you can suck from it very easily.

I have to show DS how to make sure it's all the way open, so he can drink from it. Then make sure he knows to close it all the way so it does not leak.

niccig
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Do you have these? http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd210003

Yes, this is the drink container I was talking about.

g-mama
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you, Melissa! This was the problem. So happy that these will work for us now! I, too, was ready to toss them.

ellies mom
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I like them because if I can cut down regular straws if I need to. We had some Rubbermaid ones that vanished and I bought a different brand at Target but I don't like them as much. I think I will be going back to the Rubbermaid ones.

Tondi G
09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Where do you buy these? I put my zip into the site and it said they couldn't find it locally that I need to check with local retailers. THANKS, so helpful! LOL

Does Target carry them? In what section?

urquie
09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Where do you buy these? I put my zip into the site and it said they couldn't find it locally that I need to check with local retailers. THANKS, so helpful! LOL

Does Target carry them? In what section?

i just bought some from fred meyer... target was out of stock.

o_mom
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Ours came from Kroger (grocery store) and I think someone here said they got theirs at Wegmans. Container Store lists them on their website as well.

ETA: the ones at Target and Walmart were not Rubbermaid brand here. I don't know how they would compare.

niccig
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I got mine at the container store.

american_mama
09-16-2009, 02:02 AM
I just bought one today at Kroger grocery store and bought one a week or two ago at... Walmart or Harris Teeter grocery store, I think. Now I am really wondering where I got the other one. CVS? Anyway, I don't think it was hard to find.