PDA

View Full Version : metal swingset review one more time - anyone have a bigger one?

doggiemom
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
So I really want to get a swingset, but just the swings. Simple A frame -I like the kettler one but haven't seen it IRL. Does anyone have a simple metal swing set. My hubby won't go for the wood, but our kids are 5, 4, and 1 so I want something on the larger side.
I see there are some euro brands in the UK 'Plum swings' that seem bigger (taller) than the kettler and would probably be better for older kids but can't find them in the US. Any help or pointers welcome.

I'm the handy one in the house, but don't have the time or energy to building a wood A-Frame and my husband might divorce me if we tried to build it together, we are not those kind of project people.

Thanks.

Ideally under $500.

brittone2
08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
We have a hybrid arrangement LOL.

We started w/ a metal set. There are 2 sling seat swings, a trapeze, a carriage style swing where the two kids face each other on those carriage seats, a slide, and one of those swings for one or two kids where they face one another on backless seats and they sort of push/pull to make the swing go (clear as mud?? :p). It is Flexible Flyer brand and says made in the USA. We bought from TRU...it was under $200 but I can't recall the price now. We found one we liked, and then found a previous year's model pictured somewhere in the store. They still had the previous model year available and it was a bit cheaper. Ours is mostly dark green w/ some cream, and blends in fine.

DH then built the kids a big cedar fort w/ playhouse underneath and a slide coming down from the deck/fort.

DS is 5.5, and DD is 2.75 and they still enjoy our set almost daily. The neighbor kids play on it as well and enjoy it. We didn't want to commit to a super expensive set as we're not sure we're staying in this house once my DH wraps up his graduate degree. No regrets on our metal set.

KathyN115
09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
My parents bought a metal set from TRU last summer for DD. She enjoys playing on it, and it wasn't very expensive (199 I think) but it is rusting like crazy!!!

It is similar to this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2998525