PDA

View Full Version : To whomever on this board who alerted me to the existence of chocolate Jo-Jo's...

jent
08-31-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure if I love you or hate you!

strollerqueen
09-01-2009, 03:06 AM
What is a chocolate Jo Jo? :tongue5:

jgenie
09-01-2009, 03:16 AM

:innocent: Addictive aren't they? I feel your pain!! :D

Pure heaven. :heartbeat: They're Trader Joe's version of an Oreo with chocolate centers. Sooo good but sooooo addictive.

brittone2
09-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Ummmm...if you haven't tried them yet, wait til the holiday Jo Jos come out. Mint in the middle, chocolate outside.

I simply can't buy them. I don't even typically like that much sugar, but I could house a whole bag by myself I think.

JMS
09-01-2009, 08:54 AM

It *may* have been me... sorry :)

jerigirl
09-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Anxiously awaiting the mint ones here. :heartbeat: My sis got me some last year and I savored them until March! (no TJ's here.) She recently introduced me to the golden vanilla ones. I love those as well.

sunshine873
09-01-2009, 08:58 AM

:yeahthat: I must know!!!

mommylamb
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I love love love the candy cane jo jos at Christmas time.... Another suggestion that came from this board and is now spending time on my a$$.

maylips
09-01-2009, 10:57 AM

I almost posted this EXACT same thing last week! My mom and I drove 2 hours TWICE to stock up on them.

And then I complain about losing my pregnancy weight....

zoestargrove
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
ha! as soon as I read your title I immediately started to salivate for the peppermint jo jos.

GaPeach_in_Ca
09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Also dreaming of the peppermint JoJos here! :)

But now I need to try the chocolate. Uh-oh.

jent
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM

A Trader Joe's version of Oreos, with chocolate filling. They've been mentioned in several favorite-TJ-stuff thread, often with much devotion. Now I understand.

Fairy
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Just wait till Christmas JoJo's come out. You'll love us even less.

Thatchermom
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
When the Candy Cane JoJo's went on clearance for $.99, I bought a cartload. I have a box a month until they come out again. Not quite as crisp as they once were, but it is September...

brittone2
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
When the Candy Cane JoJo's went on clearance for $.99, I bought a cartload. I have a box a month until they come out again. Not quite as crisp as they once were, but it is September...

:ROTFLMAO: The image of a cart load of those babies makes me crack up!! They are insanely good. I totally need to stay away as I have absolutely no self control. I would have had the cartload gone by February!

lizzywednesday
09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I honestly like the regular chocolate-and-vanilla creme ones better than Oreos. DH, on the other hand, doesn't. That's OK - more for me!

The tip about the mint ones may be a sign that I need to eat more cookies in a few months. (Hahahahaha!)

Fairy
09-01-2009, 02:26 PM
You people are doing nothing for my motivation to stay on my healthy lifestyle path, here. I really do need to work out. That's it, I'm leaving for the gym ...

jgenie
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
You people are doing nothing for my motivation to stay on my healthy lifestyle path, here. I really do need to work out. That's it, I'm leaving for the gym ...

After your workout you could totally rationalize the fact that you have earned 1 or 2!! :D

Fairy
09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
After your workout you could totally rationalize the fact that you have earned 1 or 2!! :D

Well, too busy to get to the gym today, so I walked around the block 1.5 times, which is 1.5 miles. Took 30 minutes, heart rate way up there. So, I got in my regular 30 minutes of cardio, but no weight machines today. Now that rationalization is kicking in, tho I'm JoJo-free in this house :-( -- and so I'm off to get a hot dog. No fries! However, I may get a side salad ... with ranch ...

I mentioned the 30 minutes of cardio!

jent
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, too busy to get to the gym today, so I walked around the block 1.5 times, which is 1.5 miles. Took 30 minutes, heart rate way up there. So, I got in my regular 30 minutes of cardio, but no weight machines today.

Good for you! We can turn this into a "healthy habits" thread... As soon as DD wakes up from her nap I'm planning to walk her to the playground, the LONG way (1+ mi each way), perhaps even jog it.

We polished off the Jo-Jo's last night, but we still have some TJ's dark chocolate left...

MMMommy
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Ooooh. Those dark chocolate covered, crushed candy cane covered holiday Jo Jo's get my heart palpitating....

brittone2
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Ooooh. Those dark chocolate covered, crushed candy cane covered holiday Jo Jo's get my heart palpitating....

I tried those last year but DH and I found we liked the originals the best. I wasn't into the chocolate dipped.

Octobermommy
09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I am cursing my gestational diabetes right now. :nono: Actually why did I even open this thread, I am practically drooling.

DrSally
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
So, are these a lot better than oreos?

vludmilla
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM

Oh yes. I don't even really like Oreos. I could hardly care less about Oreos but the regular Jo Jo's....Whoa. They are wonderful. I don't buy them almost ever because they're really not very good for you but I do love them. I only really like the originals. I dislike the dipped and the peppermint ones.

Fairy
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Sally, Oreos don't even compare. Not one bit.

jgenie
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Yes, I can have a few oreos and be satisfied. If there is a box of Chocolate JoJos in my house - it will be empty by the end of the day. I can't buy them - I pretend I don't see them when I shop at TJ's.

kijip
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I can't read the thread title without incorrectly thinking you mean chocolate covered jo-jo fried potatoes (where is the bar smilie). So if anyone needs an image to make the cravings for cookies go away--- just think about chocolate fried potatoes.

DrSally
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Uh-oh. It's a good thing TJ's is 45 min away, or I'd be right there. I have a running list and I'll have to add them to the list!

JTsMom
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Ooooh. Those dark chocolate covered, crushed candy cane covered holiday Jo Jo's get my heart palpitating....:yeahthat: Best store-bought cookies ever!

I have a package of the regular chocolate ones in the freezer right now, and they are extra yummy that way.