PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Gifts for a 5 year old...need ideas for a girl

randomkid
08-31-2009, 11:08 PM
I need suggestions for a good gift for a 5 year old girl. DD has a b-day party in less than 2 weeks and I need ideas. I know DD is almost 5yo, but I KNOW my child. Not sure of her little friend's likes and dislikes, KWIM? I do plan to talk with her Mom about it, but I've found that often Moms will say "Oh, don't worry about a gift", but DD will want to take one. I'd like to get ideas just in case her Mom tells me not to bring one.

bubbaray
08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, but Monopoly Jr is a huge hit with my 5yo.

infomama
08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Zingo is a fun game, too. If she allows her to paint her nails maybe some Piggy Paint with remover would be nice.

JustMe
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, I tend to agree with you that it really depends on what the child is like. Suggestions I can think of, without really having that info, are dress up clothes, art supplies or age-appropriate board games.

infomama
08-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh my gosh I spaced dress up. I get a lot of stuff from here and the quality is wonderful. http://www.mydressuptrunk.com/
I also think items that contribute to creativity/imagination are wonderful (as are books of course). We have quite a bit of wooden M&D play food (the cutting food is a big hit in our house) and it's played with daily.

Asianmommy
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Sticky Mosaics
jewelry box
Rainbow fairy books
arts & crafts
pink Legos box
bead necklace kit