PDA

View Full Version : S/O on the 5 min Artisan Bread. Any experience with baking it at high altitude???

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Title says it all. I am at 7,000 feet, and BTDT. Trying to figure out if the book is a good investment....

TIA!

justlearning
09-01-2009, 01:49 AM
I don't have the book but I'm assuming you're referring to a bread recipe that takes very little work, is cooked in a Le Creuset dutch oven, and comes out like a nice artisan bread with a crunchy exterior.

I live at 7000 ft and have followed the recipe for the no-knead bread exactly as written and it has turned out great. I used a recipe for it that appeared in the Williams-Sonoma catalog a year or two ago. They used to have an online video showing it too but it's not on their WS website anymore. I'm sure youtube would yield lots of results, though, if you searched there.

Good luck! It is very yummy--too yummy for me to make anymore because I have no self control with it!

ETA that I just read the thread that you were spinning this off from and now realize that the 5 min Artisan Bread is different than the recipe I'm referring to. The bread recipe I'm referring to is the No-Knead Bread created by Bittman. So, that's the only one I can vouch for working at high altitude.