PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy- help me figure out what book this is!

LarsMal
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I am trying to remember the title of a book I read sometime in the last year or two. The story is about a young girl (college age) who gets arrested after the cops raid her apartment. Her boyfriend got caugth up in a drug deal or something (with the bartender at the place where she worked I think) and she got carted off to jail. She finds out she's pregnant either right before or right after getting arrested. She doesn't have the best relationship with her parents (maybe mom and step-dad?) and her mom finds a support group on the Internet. Oh, and the young girl is pregnant. She eventually gets off the hook- can't remember what happened to the boyfriend. I think her mom took the baby while she was still in jail and then the three of them (mom, girl, baby) lived together.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or did I just completely make up a story?!?!

It's driving me insane!!

Laurel
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Daughter's Keeper by Ayelet Waldman.

Her mysteries are really good too!

LarsMal
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Daughter's Keeper by Ayelet Waldman.

Her mysteries are really good too!

YES!!! Thank you thank you thank you! I don't know what got me thinking about that book, but I've been going nuts trying to figure out what it was. All of my books are in storage right now so I couldn't go to my bookshelf and figure it out!