PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 Advice from Dr. Gupta

Naranjadia
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't usually read much of Dr. Gupta's stuff on CNN, but being concerned about H1N1 I was interested to read his advice to parents (http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/09/01/parents.h1n1.flu.guide.gupta/index.html). Basically, he interviews pediatric ER physicians to separate the hype from the helpful advice. If you just want to skim to the recommendations, I would scroll to the numbered section.

It seemed pretty sensible to me, and I thought others might find it useful.

jenny
09-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for posting! I was really freaked out when reading all the stuff in the news, especially the Washington Post's 5-page article chronicling the swine flu that swept the world 20-30 years ago...scary.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing there's nothing I can do so why waste time freaking out. I did have DH run to Target and grab 2 HUGE bottles of hand sanitizer b/c I know come flu season, people are going to be grabbing that stuff like it's gold.

Naranjadia
09-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for posting! I was really freaked out when reading all the stuff in the news, especially the Washington Post's 5-page article chronicling the swine flu that swept the world 20-30 years ago...scary.

I know what you mean. I don't typically freak out, but even I am getting nervous by some of this coverage. I hope the doctor's quoted are right about the media overhyping it.

Clarity
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
I meant to post this, thanks for doing so! I thought this was sensible, good information for us. Totally unlike the other CNN article that I posted about. Thank you, Dr. Gupta.