PDA

View Full Version : The bus driver forgot my kindergartner

DeeEast
09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
I am livid. The kids have been in school for a week. Granted, the driver has one stop on our street but today she completely forgot to turn up our street and drove for miles with my kindergartner on the bus before she realized she had forgotten her. She had to turn around in the next town and bring her home a half hour late.

I got a call from the bus company at @ 4 o'clock telling me that story. When I called back and said why I was calling back the woman on the other end "and is that a problem?" ?????????????????/

infomama
09-02-2009, 12:03 AM
:hug: that SUCKS.

I wasn't sure what time Dd1 was coming off the bus so as the minutes ticked away I had visions of her quietly weeping in a vacant bus garage...forgotten. Then the bus pulled up and she got off safely.

I would be making a follow up call to a supervisor tomorrow esp. after that last comment.

wellyes
09-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Aw, I hope your DC wasn't upset by what happened!

I'm also kind of imagining the bus driver, exhausted at the end of a long ride with all those kids, looking in the rearview mirror and thinking "oh CRAP!" Not that it's funny, really, but as someone who had a reaaaaaaly long day at work today I just shook my head & grinned when that image came into my head.

DeeEast
09-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Aw, I hope your DC wasn't upset by what happened!

I'm also kind of imagining the bus driver, exhausted at the end of a long ride with all those kids, looking in the rearview mirror and thinking "oh CRAP!" Not that it's funny, really, but as someone who had a reaaaaaaly long day at work today I just shook my head & grinned when that image came into my head.

We live barely over a mile from the school and DD's stop is one of the first. She has to take the bus because we live in a very small community but on the other side of a four lane major highway so she can't walk to school. I had bad feelings about this bus driver from the beginning and I think the lesson learned is to trust your instincts.

kijip
09-02-2009, 12:35 AM
That was me as a kindergartner. I was very short. And due to a speech impairment very quiet with people I did not know very well and the bus driver did not count to me as someone I knew well. I knew something was wrong but said nothing. Now I am neither short nor quiet. :hysterical: My parents never let me ride the bus without my brother (6 years older) again until I was like 7 or 8. If he was the be absent from school, they would come and get me from school.

I am sorry that happened to your little girl. :hug:

AshleyAnn
09-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you! That must have been scary for you!

I got put on the wrong bus the first time I ever rode it (1st grade) and my mother still talks about how scared she was when my brother got off the bus and I didn't and no one at the school knew where I was (if I was even on a bus os some place else). We had just moved in with my grandparents in MI from FL 2 days before hand and I had no idea where I lived. I can still remember my mother running out of the house when the bus pulled into the driveway. I don't think I rode the bus again until middle school.