PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous price for a nightstand?

TwoBees
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I just got a price quote on various pieces from the Creations Novella line. The nightstand is $225!!! Is that normal? It seems ridiculously expensive to me. Would I be better off getting a nightstand from Ikea, even if the finish (we'd be going with white) does not exactly match?

Claki
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
White is so easy to match! I would find something else.

SnuggleBuggles
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Nightstands are really $$. I know because I have been trying to buy 2 for my room forever but just can't justify the minimum $200-300 I seem to find.

For ds1's room I found an as-is one at IKEA. Even at full price IKEA would have been fine. This was just too good a deal to pass up. I fully support your idea of not buying that $$ nightstand and just picking one up somewhere else. :)

Beth

Melaine
09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Did you see the ones on sale at Land of Nod?
http://www.landofnod.com/new-to-sale/sale/1
Not sure if antique white would work for you or not.

DotLib
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I went to my local Big Lots store last week..had never been there before, and I found a really nice night stand (white) for $60. It has a drawer and then under the drawer is space to add a basket or something. I was very impressed. The drawer has a very nice glide.

kozachka
09-13-2009, 04:01 PM
It depends on the producer. I am considering buying a nice bed for DS by Young America, but his table and chair are from Ikea and are a different, contrasting color (red) and finish. Neither DH nor DS seem to mind. I have yet to decide what we would do about a nightstand, most likely we would buy a matching one because wood is difficult to match. Overall, I don't mind spending $$$ on furniture as long as I know that we'll be using it for a long time. In the past I've spent $100-$150 on a nightstand.

ETA: I just paid over $350 for a Young America nightstand for DS, and that's with extra discount that they are running the week of 9/21/09. Call me crazy but I thought it was essential to making his bedroom look "complete". And, yes, I do understand how the business works and that the manufacturer is making money on the case goods. Still, I *wanted* to have that particular bed and nightstand for DS even after thinking about it for two whole weeks and we are paying cash for it so not like we can't affort it. At least the bed is a bit cheaper, too.

Piglet
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I think that is where they make their money. I have been trying to re-do our bedroom for a while now and I always shake my and walk away when I see the cost of the extra pieces.